Tavistock NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

FFH5 to coldmoon

Premium Member

to coldmoon

Re: This lobbying brought to you by the CWA

said by coldmoon:

From what I can see, they are dead-on as far as showing how badly the American "Broadband" customer is being served and are not getting any value for the money they are paying for said services.

Don't shoot the messenger, fix the problems...

JMHO
Mike

Did you drill down to zipcode level in their maps? Many zipcodes were not counted at all because they logged no tests. Other results were based on 1 and many others on less than 10 tests. Their results are no more reliable than the much maligned FCC zipcode based results.

And as others have commented on - they are measuring PURCHASED speeds and not available speeds.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

1 recommendation

pandora

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

Did you drill down to zipcode level in their maps? Many zipcodes were not counted at all because they logged no tests. Other results were based on 1 and many others on less than 10 tests. Their results are no more reliable than the much maligned FCC zipcode based results.

And as others have commented on - they are measuring PURCHASED speeds and not available speeds.

Congrats, you are correct. FYI every time I have double checked one of Karl's bash U.S. speeds, there was some problem with the data or interpretation of the results. I eventually gave up as not too many on this forum really care.

Keep up the good work, if you don't mind. It is always refreshing to read someone who looks behind the data and interpretation.

I applaud your effort.

coldmoon
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
Fulton, NY

coldmoon to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by coldmoon:

From what I can see, they are dead-on as far as showing how badly the American "Broadband" customer is being served and are not getting any value for the money they are paying for said services.

Don't shoot the messenger, fix the problems...

JMHO
Mike

Hmm, so you are saying the Industry tripe that says an area is served by having just one person with a connection is also accurate? Please, the results this study presents are more credible than the ones the Industry likes to PURCHASE and then parade before Congress in an attempt to keep them from seeing the real story.

Tell you what, when the telecoms and ISPs open their records and show what the real story is, then you will have a leg to stand on. Until then, your arguments against the findings of this study have no merit...

JMHO
Mike

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by coldmoon:

Hmm, so you are saying the Industry tripe that says an area is served by having just one person with a connection is also accurate

Never said that, did I.
said by coldmoon:

Please, the results this study presents are more credible than the ones the Industry likes to PURCHASE and then parade before Congress in an attempt to keep them from seeing the real story.

Are they?
said by coldmoon:

Tell you what, when the telecoms and ISPs open their records and show what the real story is, then you will have a leg to stand on. Until then, your arguments against the findings of this study have no merit...

Pick the logical fallacies you used in your post. You used several:
»www.nizkor.org/features/ ··· llacies/

Eagles1221
join:2009-04-29
Vincentown, NJ

Eagles1221 to coldmoon

to coldmoon
I will sell you a gigabit port into my core switch for 1000 dollars a month. I have 48 ports so if I get 48 people all in a 100 meter radius I can get a real internet connection