spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

treichhart

join:2006-12-12

guys stop your fing b*tching please

guys you need to stop your fing b*tching please the internet is a privilege not a right you know that right? just driving is a privilege not a right. Also you have to think most of these ISP have to fork sh*t load of money for bandwidth so they have to come up some way to recover the dang cost for bandwidth. I can see down the future your going to pay per site if its not already doing it. Just think about it your 3meg dsl connection can be costing you 400 dollars or more a month your lucky they aint charging you for it intead you paying from 30-80 dollars a month.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
What If Your ISP Charged Extra For YouTube?

I would not go to youtube
--
I usually ignore anon posters since they are typically just trolling!

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

2 recommendations

reply to treichhart
Having is house is a privalege not a right, shut the fuck up before I make your landlord/bank raise rates by 2000%

You should be lucky you aren't paying $20,000 a month

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to treichhart
You know what'd be funny? If one day you tried to log on to dslreports to whine and suddenly "Access internet blogs for another $19.99/month" splashed across your screen.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to treichhart
It's not either.. it's not a privilege or a right. I'm not sure where YOU, ever, are coming off with this.

It's not a "privilege" because the very lines that carry your internet/services are in fact going through public right of ways. Further, companies ARE in fact REQUIRED to serve all of their customers equally. So, that kind of destroys your "not a right" argument.

It's not a "right" necessarily because you don't have a "right" to "have" anything over the fact that you have the "right" to buy consumer based products and services that you can afford. However, gouging customers is not a "right" of the business world either.

There is not a law currently that tells a company how they much charge for their products, which I am happy for. However, if these companies start to demonstrate that they can not operate in what SOCIETY considers to be in good faith, then the government, ala we the people, have the RIGHT to help them find their way back to the path of "doing what's right"...

There's nothing "lucky" about this.. While you make a nice "rant" that's about all that it was.. a rant.

What you don't realize is that these companies always make back their cost of the "dang bandwidth".. are you kidding me with this? They're not selling anywhere near at a loss, for one. Further, they're posting profits to this day. Many people here are trying to tell you that bandwidth is cheap, and it is... Back when the at&t broadbands of the world forced the hand of @home into bankruptcy in order to gain power in the market place and take over, @home was only charging about $6 PER CUSTOMER to carry the line while the cable operators were collecting $45 a month.

There is plenty of profit out there. This is one area that I have to agree that this is pretty much mega-corps inventing new ways to make more money.. money that they really don't NEED to be making.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
Id not be shocked if the ISP division is more profitable per customer than the TV division at a cable company. I mean the cable companies get charged more and more every few months for content but the cost they pay per GB or even TB tends to fall.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to treichhart
said by treichhart:

guys you need to stop your fing b*tching please the internet is a privilege not a right you know that right? just driving is a privilege not a right. Also you have to think most of these ISP have to fork sh*t load of money for bandwidth so they have to come up some way to recover the dang cost for bandwidth. I can see down the future your going to pay per site if its not already doing it. Just think about it your 3meg dsl connection can be costing you 400 dollars or more a month your lucky they aint charging you for it intead you paying from 30-80 dollars a month.

Uh, I hate to say this but almost every point of your post is wrong.

Please educate yourself, especially on the cost of bandwidth and/or read some industry materials before you post something else completely devoid of reality. For an ISP, the big cost is not bandwidth. It's almost always capital improvement and last mile costs. And the "privilege not a right" spiel is completely out of place - where do I go to get my Innernette license? The reason that expression is used, often referring to driving is that you are an operator of a multi-ton fast moving hunk of metal. I doubt anyone has ever died of being hit by a packet.

--
Cheers!
Thanks for the comedy! Happy Holidays!