Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ctceo
Premium
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN

What would I do?

Well, Good Me would simply stop using that ISP. The evil me would find ways to steal ISP service from others.
--
»were.boldlygoingnowhere.org if we don't change out ways!

treichhart

join:2006-12-12

Well if you think about it every ISP in the usa in the future is going to do this to recover the cost of bandwidth. Seriously do you know how much it cost your ISP to buy or build bandwidth? if you dont then you be in shock how much it really cost.

ctceo
Premium
South Bend, IN

It just costs a bit of time,effort & resources. Nothing more. Anything else is a fabrication of possession.
--

jim_p_price7

join:2005-10-28
Henryetta, OK
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

said by ctceo:

It just costs a bit of time,effort & resources. Nothing more. Anything else is a fabrication of possession.

Wrong. I used to think like you. Then I started my own ISP. Now I realize how misinformed I actually was.

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105

1 recommendation

so...could you pass along some of your knowledge please? I too am curious as to the actual approx. cost (to TWC) of the 10/1 connection I now have. All I have for comparison is the statement from my former coworker that a DS-3 was about 44K/mo. That was quite a few years ago though.
--
English is a difficult enough language to interpret correctly when its rules are followed, let alone when a writer chooses not to follow those rules.

Jeopardy! replies and randomcaps REALLY suck!

ctceo
Premium
South Bend, IN
reply to jim_p_price7

Yeah. The drone mindset they force upon us is quite encumbering isn't it.
--

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
reply to ctceo

said by ctceo:

Let's see....$10,000 per tower site, licensed backhaul links at $10,00 a link, staffing, insurance, vehicle maintenance, equipment. That's a lot more than "a bit".

ctceo
Premium
South Bend, IN
Reviews:
·Virgin Mobile Br..

Missing the point.

How much is all that ACTUALLY worth, other than the resources and manpower to make it happen? Think "Fruits of our labor" for a hint.

The figure of ~$10k is only an imaginary measure of drones, ahem, employees needed to accomplish this task.

Money is Debt and a measure of complacency. If you eliminate all your debt than you no longer need money. Do you want more debt?
--