spc
Search similar:

uniqs
meowmeow
join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT

meowmeow

Bresnan Integration/Conversion

Hey guys, I'm in a Bresnan area (Montana) and I'm wondering if anyone on here knows when we'll be seeing some improvements to our service. Also, one thing that's not clear is even *if* we'll be rebranded as Cablevision or if Cablevision will be keeping the Bresnan name. Thanks for any info anyone has!

iotv
@optonline.net

iotv

Anon

It looks like it starting to change over.

»www.bresnan.com/support/ ··· ntact_us

Contact Us Customer Care and Technical SupportPhone: 1.877.BRESNAN (273.7626)

Support Near YouSupport for Home

Bresnan OnLine Technical Support For help with your Bresnan OnLine High-Speed Internet, send us e-mail. Our technical support representatives will reply to your message within 24 hours. If you would like to speak to a technical support representative, call 888.909.HELP (4357).

Corporate Headquarters
Cablevision Systems Corp.
1111 Stewart Avenue
Bethpage, NY 11714-3581
iotv

iotv to meowmeow

Anon

to meowmeow
But then you can read these pages which make it sound like it will stay as Bresnan.

»www.bresnan.com/about_bresnan

»www.bresnan.com/about_br ··· _history

Sometimes it takes two years to fully integrate logos, people, trucks, and information to one company.

I think it will stay as Bresnan and then sold at the later date.

Olias
Closer to believing
Premium Member
join:2004-05-08
Wayne, NJ

Olias to meowmeow

Premium Member

to meowmeow
Hey Markie, welcome to our cable community. I 'm curious what Bresnan currently offers in system, in terms of broadband speeds, channel capacity, bandwidth, etc. I don't know if Bresnen will adopt the Optimum name, but I'll bet they'll offer some upgrade in some area.

catvtek
@optonline.net

catvtek to meowmeow

Anon

to meowmeow
When Cablevision bought the system I am in it was a very quick change. Within a year they had everything changed over.

If I were to guess I would bet on the name staying the same. Seemed like it was a family friend buyout/bailout.
meowmeow
join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT

meowmeow

catvtek,

I'm kinda thinking that, almost in honor. Bill Bresnan was a friend of James Dolan from my understanding. Actually, a New Yorker also - Bresnan was already a New York based company. When Bill Bresnan died, his family wanted out of the cable business.

I just hope that keeping the name doesn't mean we don't get the higher speed goodness.

Bresnan's download speed isn't bad - 18mbps on the highest tier, 8mbps on the standard. But the upload speeds are a pathetic joke - 1mbps on the highest tier, 384kbps on the standard!

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

This might give a clue: »billingsgazette.com/news ··· 8ed.html