how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NyNexit

join:2009-11-01
Huntington, NY

come on FCC

Anyone else want to take bets on when ISP's will be deemed Title 2 common carriers by the FCC... I think its the only way. "the Nuclear option".
Otherwise we might have to go outside!

DavePR

join:2008-06-04
Canyon Country, CA
You might get away with Title 2 on telco provided broadband (adsl, Fios, U-Verse) but it'll never stick to cable broadband or wireless.

You talk about fascism; who thought it would be a good idea to let the content creators control the pipes? What were they thinking?

I am very happy with my dumb pipe dsl, provided by a company that does DSL eXclusively.

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
reply to NyNexit
said by NyNexit:

Anyone else want to take bets on when ISP's will be deemed Title 2 common carriers by the FCC.

It would affect ISPs that would wish to (caution - industry buzz wards ahead) "monitize the prioritization of packets", in other words create an internet "fast lane", or to continue QoS priorities, traffic-bursting to speed up web pages (and thus slow down longer duration downloads), usage throttling, etc.

For me, I can adapt to a Title II landscape by selling different daily download limits. I can give everyone at least 1.2 Mbps and a couple of hundred MB per day. That will satisfy over 90% of my subscribers.

RJARRRPCGP

join:2010-12-17
Springfield, VT
It won't in Windsor county, Vermont!

Stay the h*** away from Vermont! You're not welcome in Windsor county, Vermont!

borka

join:2003-04-01
Brooklyn, NY
reply to WHT
Why are you so proud of your extremely limiting data plans?

you seem very happy to squeez your customers.

$99 for 2Mbit and ~100GB of data is WAY overpriced.

What happens if a person goes over your rediculous daily cap on the FITST billing day? now they are stuck for a whole month on 56k ??

I can see 20GB , 50GB , 100GB MONTHLY caps, and once over, you throttle.

But to throttle for the remainder of the month, for downloading ONE DVD or GAME is bull$it.

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
said by borka:

you seem very happy to squeez your customers.

$99 for 2Mbit and ~100GB of data is WAY overpriced.

What happens if a person goes over your rediculous daily cap on the FITST billing day? now they are stuck for a whole month on 56k ??

But to throttle for the remainder of the month, for downloading ONE DVD or GAME is bull$it.

$99 for 100 GB is in line with lots of WISPs. 80 to 90% of my subs use less than 10 GB per month.

As I posted above,

If you go over your daily limit, you are only rate limited until the next day, not until the end of the month.

Squeezing the customers? Compared to the alternatives such as $600 to $900 for a 1.5 Mbps T1 (unlimited downloads) or $349 for 5 Mbps and 500 MB satellite, I offer a bargain.

RJARRRPCGP

join:2010-12-17
Springfield, VT
2 Mbit costing $99 is like 2003 lol.