how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28

1 recommendation

reply to jcremin

Re: They're not asking the right question.

"99% of customers could care less about a faster speed if a slower one is available."

*GASP* Blasphemy! You mean to tell me that the average user does not need that 1Gb connection with unlimited transfers of those rare Linux ISOs for only $19.95 per month? That can't be true! Every DSLR reader knows that slower speed tiers are unacceptable. There is no way my grandmother can survive on that pitiful 3Mb connection.

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2

said by battleop:

"99% of customers could care less about a faster speed if a slower one is available."

*GASP* Blasphemy! You mean to tell me that the average user does not need that 1Gb connection with unlimited transfers of those rare Linux ISOs for only $19.95 per month? That can't be true! Every DSLR reader knows that slower speed tiers are unacceptable. There is no way my grandmother can survive on that pitiful 3Mb connection.

Lol.

bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY
Reviews:
·TowerStream
reply to battleop

I don't due Linux but have you seen the full service pack sizes for XPS3 and Vista SP2 and Windows 7 patches? And Exchange and those install ISOs are a bugger.

Yes I could keep them locally and yes Microsoft download center is throttled but there are time I download an ISO at home on cable instead of in the office on the WAN.

But, I'm not an average user - i fix 10-15 computers a month at home so my patch needs are different. Yes I could run WSUS but its easier to let it hit Windows update.

MonkeyLick78

join:2002-01-27
Hixson, TN
reply to battleop

said by battleop:

What ISP do you use?

battleop

join:2005-09-28

One of the locals in Chattanooga.