DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2
reply to DC DSL

Re: No wonder they suck

Need more convincing that Dummy, er, Danny is the one calling the shots and neither Allen or Shanny? In her 6PM report, Lindsay Czarniak said "Shanahan said he discussed it with McNabb last [Thursday] night after they had been informed of the decision." (Emphasis mine.) What is real interesting is how Allen is the Invisible Man in all this. We hear from Danny and we hear from Shanny, but no one else.

While I'm not a big fan of McNabb's, I have warmed up to him a bit. I am certain he would have done far better if we had guys who were capable of keeping him from getting sacked or knew what to do with the ball if they caught it.

I also have a stronger feeling that Shanny is being hung out to dry. That all this drama is being dumped on him as coaching decisions just fuels my suspicion from last week when Snyder said "he is happy with his coaching staff and McNabb." The stock Phrase-O-Doom for whomever is referenced. Well, McNabb's just been pointed in the direction of the door...How long before someone else?

--
"Keep calm and carry on."

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11

said by DC DSL:

I am certain he would have done far better if we had guys who were capable of keeping him from getting sacked or knew what to do with the ball if they caught it.

I also have a stronger feeling that Shanny is being hung out to dry.

Let me toss out something more to think about.
We have lived with flawed drafts.
I can pain you by mentioning Vinny moving out of the 1st to get 3 receivers in the 2nd
And last year how we threw away a 2nd for a now benched QB.
I suspect there is another factor in the benching and that is this coming year's draft, do we still lose the 3rd to Philly, or does it drop to a 4th with the benching? I don't know what the conditions were but there could be damage control factors at play also.

And speaking of damage control, if the danny ousts Shanny he screws last year's draft even more. Let me convince you

Trent Williams was not the best tackle in the draft. We can argue the point if you want, but Russell Okung was the best.
I am not saying that Williams was not and is not very good, I'm just recalling that he was chosen over Okung because he would be the better zone-blocking scheme LT.

Now as things have turned out Okung got a high ankle sprain and Williams has been a far better contributor this season... but if dumbness fires Shanny and the new coaches leave zone-blocking schemes behind, then picking him #4 was a reach, not that he is not a worthy first rounder, but I can't see him ever becoming a pro-bowler if he is not in zone-blocking.
And if the #4 overall doesn't make probowl at some point it fails the 5 star test.
Now it won't be as bad as Al Davis taking Darius Heyward-Bey that high and over Crabtree, but it will be in the same ballpark, especially since speed was the same issue in both.
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

I'm asking Santa for Snyder to sell the Redskins to someone who actually cares and knows what they're doing. Oh, and world peace and goodwill toward man.
--
"Keep calm and carry on."

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

said by DC DSL:

I'm asking Santa for Snyder to sell the Redskins to someone who actually cares and knows what they're doing.

Snyder fits your first category, just not your second.

There's not a doubt in my mind that he wants to own a good team and be the toast of the town because of it, a la Jack Kent Cooke.

Unfortunately, the only part he's achieved so far is "toast".