Premium Member
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV

dogma to Time

Premium Member

to Time

Re: Getting laid....off.

Wow!

The computer gaming industry has become as ridiculously seductive as Hollywood. Imagine a company that has people wanting to work for it just to be associated with a popular game.
said by Gamasutra--> »www.gamasutra.com/view/n ··· cted.php :

Layoffs have apparently hit Activision studios today -- over 50 percent of the staff at Prototype creator Radical Entertainment has been let go, Guitar Hero developer Neversoft has seen an unspecified number of staff cuts, and licensed game studio Luxoflux is to close, our sources claim.

Blizzard employee's on Blizzard:

• “Blizzard, [is] the Walmart of Gaming”

• Unfair pay scale, poorly thought out execution of job descriptions, recognition is very low and the overall customer service support center doesn't feel like the real Blizzard in terms of a progressive gaming company.

• The pay is still a joke after several company wide raises. ... The company thinks simply by working for Blizzard you will want to stay because they make good games.

• The pay is far below market value for the Austin area, especially for tech support. The shifts offered are not compatible with having much of a personal or family life. Be prepared to have outside temps hired for more than you're making and promised that wage if their status changes to permanent.

• Sr Management is untrustworthy, promotions go to those who are in the "in" crowd, outside hiring of friends over promotions for internal employees is common, the pay here is too low for the cost of living in Southern California...

Sounds like Blizzard is the same as every other big company.

Blizzard employee pros and cons here:
»www.glassdoor.com/Review ··· 4858.htm

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon

I heard that Rovio is hiring (Maker of Angry Birds...)

- FM

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

Time to dogma

Premium Member

to dogma
Activison is a different division than Blizzard, in-fact, Blizzard Entertainment (not Activision-Blizzard) hasn't laid off a single individual.

It seems like most of those complaints are streaming from a different office than the one here in Southern California, which if I'm not mistaken, their Austin location is dedicated to customer service. I think every employer has their ups and downs, but I've heard nothing but good things about people who've worked at Blizzard. I won't lie, I'd be disgruntled if I was working in a CS position as well.