All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
niconiconico
join:2009-02-12

niconiconico

[HN9000] Huge Downloads 150; Unplugged From Internet

Within the past twelve hours, I've had my modem record huge downloads; some being as high as 400mb/hour. I called tech support twice, where they reset the FAP once on their end, and I used my complimentary token. When I saw this last night, I unplugged the modem from my computer and router, yet it's still registering downloads. What could this be? The last tech support agent had no clue.

Skyway
Skyway
join:2003-02-04
Mission, BC

Skyway

It could be a denial of service attack...

If it is? Hughes would need to change your IP address to stop it...

I would only suggest this as a possible solution if the trafiic continues while you do not have a computer or router connected to your modem...
One More Too
join:2010-09-09
Galena, IL

One More Too

said by Skyway:

It could be a denial of service attack...

If it is? Hughes would need to change your IP address to stop it...

I would only suggest this as a possible solution if the trafiic continues while you do not have a computer or router connected to your modem...

I seem to recall that someone else, several weeks ago, was seeing the same thing, and, in fact, it did turn out to be a denial of service attack.

I'd suggest sending an IM to the Hughes representative who frequents this forum. I believe that he ended up helping the other person a few weeks ago. The Hughes rep uses the name Hughesnet.
niconiconico
join:2009-02-12

niconiconico

Thanks so much for the timely response. That does make the most sense. I'll IM the HughesNet representative if this is still going on tomorrow.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman

MVM

Their screen name is Hughes Net with the space.
Hughes Net
join:2008-04-22
Gaithersburg, MD

Hughes Net to niconiconico

to niconiconico
Send me an IM or email with your account number and I'll investigate.

Thanks.