join:1999-09-01
New Jersey
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to CableTool

Re: Quad-Tuner DVR

said by CableTool:

Comparing space or overall functionality of the box?

I think people view Leased DVRs as archiving boxes... they arent really for Archiving all of your favorite programming, they are for recording it to view it later.
I cant imaging storing 20 hrs of HD programming let alone 60.
If I have to shift 60 hours of programming at any given time I might need to re-evaluate my entire life.

I have about 40 hrs stored on my tivo, i record entire series, and watch them when i can. I wonder if tivo is going to react to this at all ?
--
They Live... We Sleep...

“Spreading the wealth around” never results in a better outcome for people. It always results in destruction.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
Tivo, react? Ha. Maybe they will react with a lawsuit, seems that's all they are good for.

Tivo Premier - half finished. One CPU core is disabled. It's slow.
Tivo on Motorola STB - failed. Never got out of New England. Waste of their time.
Tivo on DirecTV - Tivo's CEO states that it will basically be the old DirecTivo with MPEG4 / SWM LNB compatibility. 10 year old interface still intact despite numerous delays. Wow, what a waste of everyones time yet again.

Tivo IMO is going the way of the dinosaur, unless they drastically change their thinking.

The Virgin media Tivo in the UK looks pretty nice, however that is the UK. Doesn't do us any good over on this side of the world.

DaveDude
No Fear

join:1999-09-01
New Jersey
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by cypherstream:

Tivo, react? Ha. Maybe they will react with a lawsuit, seems that's all they are good for.

Tivo Premier - half finished. One CPU core is disabled. It's slow.
Tivo on Motorola STB - failed. Never got out of New England. Waste of their time.
Tivo on DirecTV - Tivo's CEO states that it will basically be the old DirecTivo with MPEG4 / SWM LNB compatibility. 10 year old interface still intact despite numerous delays. Wow, what a waste of everyones time yet again.

Tivo IMO is going the way of the dinosaur, unless they drastically change their thinking.

The Virgin media Tivo in the UK looks pretty nice, however that is the UK. Doesn't do us any good over on this side of the world.

I agree with everything you said , i think moxi will pick up where tivo left off . I dont give tivo more then 4 more years. The premiere is a disaster.
--
They Live... We Sleep...

“Spreading the wealth around” never results in a better outcome for people. It always results in destruction.

GTFan

join:2004-12-03
I think the Moxi will be discontinued within a year. Arris bought Digeo for the tech, not the product, IMO.

The Premiere works fine if you don't use the half-baked HD UI, btw, and it's very fast doing transfers between Premieres or a PC.

But Tivo is definitely asleep at the wheel, and I can't figure out why. It's not like they don't have the money and are going to get a lot more soon from the Dish lawsuit.