spc
uniqs
Laser67
join:2009-08-27
Hudson, NH

Laser67 to Hordeforlife

to Hordeforlife

Re: Solo instances for Mounts

Guess that makes it easier in two ways. Rogue opens the door and helps you form a raid group.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

For the raid group, I did the old invite a guild member, form raid, promote guild member to raid leader, log out, log into an alt, have guild member invite my alt to raid, log out, log back into main, have guild member promote me to raid leader, thank guild member, then guild member leaves group, I now am in a raid with my logged out alt.

I did run all the mount instances again last night (strat I ran 3 times) and after no mount drops I decided to go back into Kara and see if I could clear it solo. It was actually quite easy to clear the whole instance solo. I wasn't able to call down the one dragon outside (forget his name) since I havent done that quest with my pally. I also wasnt able to get the dragon down where you have to stand in the 3 beams... I would get him to 50% and then have the debuff and not be able to stand in the green beam again, he would heal to full health again before my debuff would wear off... this will take a strange tactict to be able to solo.

The chess event also took several tries. I finally won it by moving my two rooks into the middle of the board so they could aoe, using my queen to take out the other side's healers and then just dps's the king with my queen. It was a close one, my king had only 1000hp left when I got their king down. The last boss was easy-sauce.

The big news: After clearing Kara, and running all the mount instances, and three runs of strat, I made 1100 gold just from looting corpses and vendoring trash, and vendoring BOP epics and blues (whishing I was an enchanter), also a couple of BOP greens, which I don't think I had realized even exsisted before last night. I also had one BOE epic (Kang the Decapitator), a couple of BOE blues and about 30 BOE greens, plus a ton of potions, cloth and other items, all of which are now sitting on the AH. For about 3 hours of play time it was actually quite profitable, and of course there is always a chance one of the mounts will drop.
Laser67
Hudson, NH

Laser67

said by saillaw:

I also wasnt able to get the dragon down where you have to stand in the 3 beams... I would get him to 50% and then have the debuff and not be able to stand in the green beam again, he would heal to full health again before my debuff would wear off... this will take a strange tactict to be able to solo.

That is one that I skipped when I did it at lvl 80, but latter I ready you can pull him out into the hallway and there by avoid the beams. Though that isn't really soloing the encounter per say as you are cheesing it.

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

said by Laser67:

said by saillaw:

I also wasnt able to get the dragon down where you have to stand in the 3 beams... I would get him to 50% and then have the debuff and not be able to stand in the green beam again, he would heal to full health again before my debuff would wear off... this will take a strange tactict to be able to solo.

That is one that I skipped when I did it at lvl 80, but latter I ready you can pull him out into the hallway and there by avoid the beams. Though that isn't really soloing the encounter per say as you are cheesing it.

I might try this tonight, but I'm not sure I'll have the range to be able to pull him to the hallway... I think the doors automatically close as soon as he is aggroed.
Laser67
Hudson, NH

Laser67

Found this trick for you.

Netherspite is actually soloable, relatively easily. All that it requires is for you to run into the room while he is patrolling, drop a consecration in the path and then run out the room. If the consecration pulls him, then he'll run through the door to you, negating the entire beam part of the fight. Then you just have to tank him against, say, the bookcase so he doesn't knock you off the ledge and to your death.

Another option was : Do Netherspite as ret... Basically it's a race to burn him down before the beams appear a second time. You take all the beams the first time, by tanking him right over by the window (beyond where the blue beam will spawn)

Another thing I found was for chest

Chess can be solo'd but you need to be lucky. Start with the king (hero), then drop immediately and grab the queen. use the queen to burn down the other sides queen and healers. If your unlucky with the cheats you'll lose, it'll reset and you have to try again. Otherwise you're probably ok.

Good Luck.

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

Thanks! I'll try Netherspite tonight.. .probably the consecration method since I have holy as offspec.

On the Chess event, I tried that method the first three times and didnt even get close, by the time I was almost finished with the second healer either my king was dead or my queen got killed. The method I described above with the two rooks seemed to work a lot better.
Laser67
Hudson, NH

Laser67

Let me know how it goes.

boudro
The Cowboys are America's Team
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Texas

boudro to saillaw

Premium Member

to saillaw
How long are we talking to finish Kara?

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

It took me about an hour and a half, but part of that was because I got lost a few times and part because I didn't know a strategy for the Chess event or Netherspite. Now that I know those I bet I can do it next reset in under an hour. I'll time it next time and let you know.

One other thing, I thought I remembered there being a bat boss in the basement, but when I went in there I couldnt find any bosses?

boudro
The Cowboys are America's Team
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Texas

boudro

Premium Member

Sweet!! I am going to do this. Look at soloing other Vanilla dungeons and raids I haven't done.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to saillaw

Premium Member

to saillaw
said by saillaw:

One other thing, I thought I remembered there being a bat boss in the basement, but when I went in there I couldnt find any bosses?

Before Cat I was killing trash in Kara to up my rep. I only every had the bat boss appear after having killed all the trash mobs in the area. After they are dead I usually saw a message that (bat boss) silently descends down or something to that effect.

Azdranax
Premium Member
join:2009-12-09
Beaverton, OR

Azdranax to saillaw

Premium Member

to saillaw
You have to kill all the trash for the bat boss to spawn. If you let the trash respawn, he will respawn once you clear it again also - usually about every 30-45 minutes.