All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
twhiting9275
join:2002-08-30
Waterloo, IA

twhiting9275 to firetalyn

to firetalyn

Re: [MO] is it true mediacom will be dropping all fox channels?

You're right, it's not DSM they have both Fox and CBS in, it's Cedar Rapids. Either way, it affects me.

they don't need to charge, and are not worth, the dollars and cents that they are asking fo

Costs go up in any business. What, you expect those costs to just be eaten by the business? In the past year alone, my own (business) costs have gone up 10%. What, am I NOT supposed to pass that on to my customers?
As well, any forward looking company looks to expand technology. These costs must be included in future contracts.

In both cases, the cost was minimal. Again, I don't recall the exact details, but at last check, it was less than $1 per customer per month. Seriously, pass the cost onto the customer (or just eat it yourself), and move on with things.

Mediacom nickel and dimes their customers to death, but they won't stand for it being done to them? Seriously??
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

Seriously. Only a few channels get a per subscriber fee and the Sinclair channels are vastly inferior to the other ones who charge a fee.
alarson83
join:2007-01-06
West Des Moines, IA

alarson83 to twhiting9275

to twhiting9275
Sinclair should be paying mediacom for the major increase in viewership being on mediacom's system brings. Mediacom keeps caving on this, but if they and other cable systems would hold out eventually Sinclair would take the biggest hit as their advertising revenue (based on viewership in large part coming from those cable audiences) would plummet.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Wednesday, Sinclair & Mediacom reached a two-year retransmission consent agreement with Mediacom Communications for 22 stations in 16 markets.