share rss forum feed

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY
reply to ekster

Re: [game] Princess Bride Day 8

I kind of was hoping I had a hand in killing therul as far as nexus goes.

I could be wring but I worked it out.

I still have no idea what brom actually done...or had not done.

But I helped lead on yock, when ekster was too busy trying to invalidate arch.

I stated straight out that antonica said "she and zandra" on like day one...

All the evidence points to ekster... I cannot stress this enough. His one thing is I gave a power (which is "someone" by arch's own words") to arch therefore I am not a mafia.

It proves nothing. It just proves that arch had that ability, the choice to believe it somehow came from you is very stretched, about as stretched as a mafia mason.

For me it is between Brom and Ekster. Based on solid evidence I got to go with ekster.

I will need to think about this vote. Gimme a bit.
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to Brom
It's not about to whom that power went to... it's does a god father have an ability where he can give someone a one time ability.

Brom
Let's go Bucs

join:2010-10-26
Pittsburgh, PA
I know, but I've seen games where the godfather hands out roles to his other mafia goons, so why can't a little twist on that be that he gets to hand a one time ability to a non-mafia member. I understand what you're saying I just don't know what to make of it all.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to ekster
said by ekster:

It's not about to whom that power went to... it's does a god father have an ability where he can give someone a one time ability.

Sure, why not? But why is that person you, and how convenient that you have a role that perfectly ties it all together and has to my knowledge never existed before. I have been playing since game 1.

I mean... yes it could be Brom.... but realistically I fully believe it is you. I hope I am right.
--

-

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to chlen
said by chlen:

All the evidence points to ekster... I cannot stress this enough. His one thing is I gave a power (which is "someone" by arch's own words") to arch therefore I am not a mafia.

It proves nothing. It just proves that arch had that ability, the choice to believe it somehow came from you is very stretched, about as stretched as a mafia mason.

B-f'ing-S

said by Kristopher:

Archivis See Profile: Holocaust Cloak – You are the Town Silencer. You can Silence one person every other Day starting on Day 2. That person can still vote. You win with the Town.

said by chlen:

There has been certainly a few games in the past with a good mason and a bad... So it doesn't automatically clear Zandra.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to tmodelt
said by tmodelt:

ok the funny thing is I switched Brom and chlen last night and nobody died so either chlen tried to kill Brom and couldn't since I switched them or Ekster chose to not kill anybody.

It could have "bounced from me", although I have no idea why it would not strike someone else.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to chlen
You're caught in your own lies.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Brom
God father give out roles... they do not give out one time abilities.

tmodelt

join:2010-05-06
Fletcher, NC
when does a godfather give out roles?

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Man, you should know better... there are times when a god father has several roles to pick from, and decides which mafia good will get what...

but seriously, look at my quote of chlen above... tell me he is not BSing?

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
mafia goon*

tmodelt

Fletcher, NC
reply to ekster
I actually did not know that and after looking at chlen posts you may be right. @ Brom what do you think about what Chlen said?

Brom
Let's go Bucs

Pittsburgh, PA
ekster is starting to make more sense to me. I don't know I'm really torn, but I think ekster could be right.

Brom
Let's go Bucs

Pittsburgh, PA
It's hard to deny that ekster gave the role to Arch, so I don't know why chlen is trying to do that.

Brom
Let's go Bucs

Pittsburgh, PA
Also, you switched TheRul with Arch so it's kind of hard for me to believe that he had something to do with it as the Nexus to kill TheRul.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Brom
said by Brom:

It's hard to deny that ekster gave the role to Arch, so I don't know why chlen is trying to do that.

There's also him going from 'it happened several times before and very possible' to 'it's impossible' on Zandra. How can he do a 180 like that with no explanation...

Brom
Let's go Bucs

Pittsburgh, PA
But then I think that aztec, zandra, and arch were all on ekster for awhile thinking he was mafia and that concerns me cause they have a lot more experience than I.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
Arch changed his mind, aztec was never onto me... he merely kept stating me as not town till he investigated me... Zandra picked me, sure... but not like other townies haven't made mistakes on this before. And then there's chlen's complete inconsistency...

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Brom
And then there is also chlen hinting that it can be Brom since Brom hasn't done anything to prove it to cover himself, in case you guys believe me about a GF not being able to give out one time abilities, while tmo already said that it couldn't be Brom from the switch when aztec died...

Brom
Let's go Bucs

Pittsburgh, PA
reply to ekster
Alright tmod, I think I'm conviced that it's chlen. I'll wait to hear what you have to say but everything ekster said makes sense to me.

tmodelt

Fletcher, NC
Im going with Chlen if were wrong then it will be a lesson learned on Ekster
vote:Chlen

Brom
Let's go Bucs

Pittsburgh, PA
Vote: chlen

Agreed, hope we're right!

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Phew... finally... and I thought I was never going to be able to convince you guys... town wins

Brom
Let's go Bucs

Pittsburgh, PA
I went back and forth in my head so many times haha

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
And we managed to end it just before the holidays heh...

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to Kristopher
Way to give me a chance to say something....

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to Kristopher
Best part of this game was having Dez killed on his bday on day 3 when he was about to win his minigame.

The lynches were all for a reason.

I had inactive mafia so I had to make all the calls and sacrifice them (though I tried to get yock replaced) This made it difficult. Plus the nights when no kills happened were detrimental.

Even though we lost, I thought this was one of the more balanced games we have played in a long time.

I killed players based on their ability to stir conversation. This has worked in the past and mostly worked here. I knew antonica was just a mason, but I needed to stop the talking. When no-one is talking people get paranoid and lynch ZANDRA who was a confirmed pro town role from day one when antonica outed her. Based on that I thought I could get ekster.

In the end it came down to numbers and there was so long I could hide behind nexus. Until last day I was not even on the radar.

It was a good game.
--

-

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to chlen
vote chlen

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to chlen
I agree about the balance. It first looked completely out of balance when town had lost so much in the first few days, but somehow we managed to recover...

And I seriously cannot believe town did not lynch me... I started playing completely carefree on day 1... and just kind of went on like that. I only started getting serious at the end, when I saw exactly what had to be done for town to win and tried my best to convince the others. GG

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA
reply to Kristopher
gg, well played...