Vote: chlen

Agreed, hope we're right!

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

Phew... finally... and I thought I was never going to be able to convince you guys... town wins

Brom
Let's go Bucs

join:2010-10-26
Pittsburgh, PA

I went back and forth in my head so many times haha

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

And we managed to end it just before the holidays heh...

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY
reply to Kristopher

Way to give me a chance to say something....

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to Kristopher

Best part of this game was having Dez killed on his bday on day 3 when he was about to win his minigame.

The lynches were all for a reason.

I had inactive mafia so I had to make all the calls and sacrifice them (though I tried to get yock replaced) This made it difficult. Plus the nights when no kills happened were detrimental.

Even though we lost, I thought this was one of the more balanced games we have played in a long time.

I killed players based on their ability to stir conversation. This has worked in the past and mostly worked here. I knew antonica was just a mason, but I needed to stop the talking. When no-one is talking people get paranoid and lynch ZANDRA who was a confirmed pro town role from day one when antonica outed her. Based on that I thought I could get ekster.

In the end it came down to numbers and there was so long I could hide behind nexus. Until last day I was not even on the radar.

It was a good game.
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to chlen

vote chlen

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to chlen

I agree about the balance. It first looked completely out of balance when town had lost so much in the first few days, but somehow we managed to recover...

And I seriously cannot believe town did not lynch me... I started playing completely carefree on day 1... and just kind of went on like that. I only started getting serious at the end, when I saw exactly what had to be done for town to win and tried my best to convince the others. GG

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA
reply to Kristopher

gg, well played...

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Kristopher

I would not say those things if I were you!
Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 3

chlen - 3 - ekster, Brom, tmodelt (L-0)

Players not voting: chlen

In the end, they decided to lynch chlen See Profile. They didn't even kill him, but left him his ears so that every shriek of every child at seeing his hideousness will be his to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in his perfect ears.

Good Game everyone. Town Wins. Here's the roles and actions. I screwed up at the beginning of the game with ekster's action, and didn't catch it till Day 6 or 7. That's why he said he picked Protus and not Antonica. My bad, but he played well and obeyed my request to not say anything about it until the end.

Well played by chlen as well. I love the no night kill response to a no lynch.

Thanks for playing, and have a great holiday!

Town

Antonica See Profile: The Grandfather – You are the Town Mason. You can communicate privately with fellow Mason ZandraBee See Profile. You cannot directly role claim that you are a Mason. You win with the Town.

ZandraBee See Profile: The Grandson – You are the Town Mason. You can communicate privately with fellow Mason Antonica See Profile. You cannot directly role claim that you are a Mason. You win with the Town.

aztecnology See Profile: Westley – You are the Town Day Cop. Each Day you can Investigate one person and get the result of Town, Mafia, or Independent. You win with the Town.

DrModem See Profile: Buttercup/The Princess Bride – You are Town with no special powers. You win with the Town. This player is the Beloved Princess. If they are killed, the next Day Phase is skipped as everyone is attending the funeral.

ProtusMose See Profile: Inigo Montoya – You are the Town Lyncher. You must get TheRul See Profile Lynched. This player knows they are the Lynchee, but does not know who you are. You cannot directly role claim. You win with a successful Lynch, and/or with the Town.

Brom See Profile: Fezzik – You are the Town Wooden Armor. You will survive a Night Kill attempt once, but then your armor breaks and you are Town with no special powers. You win with the Town.

shoesnlaces See Profile/ Krisnatharok See Profile: Miracle Max – You are the Town Forensic Investigator. You can target a person who has died once per Day to determine who targeted them since the beginning of the game, but not what they targeted them for. You win with the Town. If Gomez See Profile dies, this player commits suicide immediately as they are lovers.

Gomez See Profile: Valerie – You are the Town Roleblocker. You can Roleblock one person each Night. You win with the Town. If shoesnlaces See Profile/ Krisnatharok See Profile dies, this player commits suicide immediately as they are lovers.

Meningitis See Profile: The Impressive Clergyman – You are the Town Guardian Angel. If you die, you can choose one player, and they will be protected for the next Day and Night Phases. You must replace all Rs in your posts with Ws. You also cannot place the hammer vote or you will be Mod Killed, and your Guardian Angel role will not work. You win with the Town.

BigReds42 See Profile: The Queen – You are the Town Nonvoter. You cannot vote or you will be Mod Killed. Don’t blame me, blame random.org. You win with the Town.

ekster See Profile: The King – You are the Town Kingmaker. You must select one person on Day 1 to be King the next Day. At the start of Day 2, that player will have control over who is Lynched. You cannot target yourself. You cannot directly reveal your role. You win with the Town.

tmodelt See Profile: Four White Horses – You are the Town Something. You must target two people per Night, but have no idea what is happening to them. You win with the Town. The two targeted players switch places just like with a Bus Driver.

Archivis See Profile: Holocaust Cloak – You are the Town Silencer. You can Silence one person every other Day starting on Day 2. That person can still vote. You win with the Town.

gameboyrom See Profile: The Ancient Booer – You are Lone Mafia with no special powers. You win with the Mafia. This is the Crazy Old Lady. She thinks she is Mafia when she is really Town. Player actually wins with the Town.

Independent

drew See Profile: Vizzini – You are the Night Lyncher. You can choose 3 people per night to vote on a 4th player of your choosing for Lynch. Majority Vote of “Yes Lynch” or “No Lynch” wins. You win by surviving to the end of the game.

Dezbend See Profile: Albino’s Wheelbarrow – You are the Albino’s Wheelbarrow. You’ve seen better days, and just want to move onto your next phase in life, as firewood. Your job is to get lynched on Day 3. Not before, not after, but on Day 3. Good luck with that.

Mafia

chlen See Profile: Prince Humperdinck – You are the Mafia Godfather. You turn up Town on Investigations. Your Mafia Team can send in one kill order per Night. You may communicate privately with your partners TheRul See Profile, brian See Profile, and yock See Profile. You win with the Mafia.

TheRul See Profile: Count Tyrone Rugen – You are the Mafia Lynchee. There is a Lyncher out there looking to get you killed. You may communicate privately with your partners chlen See Profile, brian See Profile, and yock See Profile. You win with the Mafia.

brian See Profile: The Albino – You are the Mafia Assassin. At any time you can choose to kill someone by sending a PM to the mod. You may communicate privately with your partners chlen See Profile, TheRul See Profile, and yock See Profile. You win with the Mafia.

yock See Profile: Yellin – You are the Mafia Framer. You can choose one person each Day to frame as Mafia. You may communicate privately with your partners chlen See Profile, TheRul See Profile, and brian See Profile. You win with the Mafia.

Day 1 / Night 1 Actions
aztecnology investigated Archivis and found he was Town
Krisnatharok replaced shoesnlaces due to her being off site for over 3 days
Meningitis was lynched
tmodelt switched Archivis and Antonica
Meningitis protected Antonica for Day 2 and Night 2, but hit Archivis instead
ekster made Antonica King for Day 2, but hit Archivis instead
Archivis chose not to Silence Day 2
Gomez chose not to block Night 1
drew chose ProtusMose for Night Lynch and bjl, aztecnology, and TheRul as jury
aztecnology chose Lynch
TheRul chose Lynch
ProtusMose was Night Lynched due to Majority Vote
Mafia killed Gomez
yock framed Dezbend for Day 2

Day 2 / Night 2 Actions
aztecnology investigated DrModem and found he was Town
Archivis lynched drew and the King ability disappeared
tmodelt switched Dezbend and gameboyrom
Mafia killed Antonica
yock framed ekster

Day 3 / Night 3 Actions
Kristopher totally f’d up the Antonica role reveal showing ZandraBee in it. Sorry Mafia!
aztecnology investigated tmodelt and found he was Town
bjl shot Dezbend
BigReds42 voted and was mod killed (shitty role – will NEVER use it again – my apology BR)
gameboyrom was lynched
tmodelt switched Archivis and TheRul
Archivis chose not to Silence Day 4
Mafia killed Archivis but got TheRul instead
yock framed aztecnology

Day 4 / Night 4 Actions
aztecnology investigated chlen and found he was Town (GF Ability)
yock was lynched
Tmodelt switched Archivis and ekster
Mafia killed DrModem moving the game directly to Night 5 due to Beloved Princess role

Day 5 / Night 5 Actions
No Day Actions due to Beloved Princess Funeral
tmodelt switched ZandraBee and ekster
Archivis chose not to Silence Day 6
Mafia attempted to kill Brom, but his armor protected him and broke

Day 6 / Night 6 Actions
aztecnology investigated Brom and found he was Town
Kristopher noticed he totally f’d up ekster’s choice of King on Day 1, somehow thinking he chose Antonica instead of ProtusMose. Since it was too late to do anything about it, he posted a note here for posterity. When you look at how the game went, the King would have been Night Lynched regardless, and drew would have been lynched the next day anyway (he was at L-1 when Arch lynched him). Biggest drawback for Town was that tmodelt’s bus driver verification was muddied. I was busy. So back off.
bjl was lynched
tmodelt switched ekster and ZandraBee
Mafia killed Archivis

Day 7 / Night 7 Actions
aztecnology investigated ekster and found he was Town
ZandraBee was lynched
tmodelt switched Brom and aztecnology
Mafia killed Brom but got aztecnology instead due to the switch

Day 8 / Night 8 Actions
OK – Here I start feeling badly again because my error is what the game seems to be hinging on. Kudos to ekster for playing around it, as he knew I made the error, but he couldn’t talk about it in game. He had the idea to get himself mod killed, but in past discussions with this group we decided that would be poor play, going against the spirit of the game; so I couldn’t allow it. You have to admit that in this case it was a great idea for winning as town.
No one was lynched
Tmodelt switched Brom and chlen He wanted to switch himself. I had to say no, based on the role, but it was a good idea. Wouldn't have worked anyway due to the No Kill order.
Mafia chose no kill

Day 8 / Night 8 Actions
chlen was lynched
Town Wins!
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Meningitis
Hi
Premium
join:2009-03-06
Places
kudos:1

Thanks for hosting Kris. Was a fun one to read out at the end there.

GG all.

gameboyrom
Premium
join:2000-11-27

GG and thanks kris.

This game was kinda hilarious to me. I realized I had no idea what was going on, realized I was gonna get lynched anyway, and just decided to talk as much fud as I possibly could. My incoherency was fun. I figured I was mafia and all that fud might help mafia, but turns out I was town? crazy.
--
-GBR

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Kristopher

Yeah GG all.

And it's okay Kris... though I don't know if it would things easier had the king for a day didn't go to Arch... I'm half thankful for the screw up, because with Arch getting it, I was able to prove myself that I'm not town

And I demand to be the town's mayor after all this!

And thanks for hosting a great game, Kris!

tmodelt

join:2010-05-06
Fletcher, NC
reply to Kristopher

GG all in the end Ekster proved his point better than Chlen

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA

GG

I lol'd

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Kristopher

GG. I died early but it was entertaining to watch.
--
Will WWIII start today?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to DrModem

GG

Archivis for MVP.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to tmodelt

said by tmodelt:

GG all in the end Ekster proved his point better than Chlen

I would argue that... he posted more... and I had a 2pm meeting... so by the time I came back all was said and done.

I took a chance on not doing a night kill to confuse people, that almost worked.
--

-

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02

ekster got lucky. thank god he was able to pull it out at the end, but he played like shit from day one till day seven. almost cost the game :P

Mod slip ups suck, I know I do them more than any one else... but glad we were able to get past it. Also goes to remind people things are completely as they seem, even if you think you know a lot
--
»Re: [game] Star Wars Days 2 and 3

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

I still think it was utter bullshit I couldn't vote =-)

At least I got to BR Rage and kill myself anyway =-)

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Antonica

I beg to differ. My shit play is what kept me alived till the very end because mafia didn't want to kill me, and town just always had someone else who needed lynching more, and me staying alive till the end helped a lot with the win

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY

said by ekster:

I beg to differ. My shit play is what kept me alived till the very end because mafia didn't want to kill me, and town just always had someone else who needed lynching more, and me staying alive till the end helped a lot with the win

The only reason I did not kill you was because I was hoping the town would.

Sorry man... but if I was town in this game I most likely would have been voting for you anyways.

You did in the end win and I congratulate you, but until the very end your play was a tad erratic. Getting Zandra lynched was a big mistake I though was going to hang you, maybe with different players it would have. You argued your case very well and the players were open to discussion.

Congrats Canadian, you won this battle.
--

-

Antonica
Premium

agreed. if it wasnt newbies playing at the end only, you would have been gone
--

tmodelt

join:2010-05-06
Fletcher, NC

thats the problem most of the oldies dont listen.

Antonica
Premium

we listen, but we also know that people who play like that are a liability at the end, and are better gone in the beginning if that's how they are going to play.

This game came down to logic, MOST games don't... and there's are those one or two roles that CAN'T be verified like they could have this game, and it comes down to who played how.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to tmodelt

said by tmodelt:

Shit, you'd have lost if it weren't for this "oldie".
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

said by Archivis:

said by tmodelt:

Shit, you'd have lost if it weren't for this "oldie".

Meh... that gambit on Yock could have cost the town dearly. Guts plays like that tend not win in the long run.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

He took a major chance, and it won this time. More times than not, it would have been a fail. Intuition sometimes pushes more aggressive players to act in the face of logic. I'm guilty myself sometimes. It's self serving, but keeps things interesting.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

said by Kristopher:

He took a major chance, and it won this time. More times than not, it would have been a fail. Intuition sometimes pushes more aggressive players to act in the face of logic. I'm guilty myself sometimes. It's self serving, but keeps things interesting.

Possibly.. But the Lynch all Liars movement exists for a reason.. I'm not a big proponent of it, as there are times, but this was not one.

It has a bigger hand when it comes to meta gaming. Hope I'm mafia when I can play those cards.
--
It's a fact : Chicks dig Mafia players.
'Wanna help buy a goat?' - »www.kiva.org