uniqs

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to chlen

Premium Member

to chlen

Re: [game] Princess Bride Day 8

ekster got lucky. thank god he was able to pull it out at the end, but he played like shit from day one till day seven. almost cost the game :P

Mod slip ups suck, I know I do them more than any one else... but glad we were able to get past it. Also goes to remind people things are completely as they seem, even if you think you know a lot

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

I still think it was utter bullshit I couldn't vote =-)

At least I got to BR Rage and kill myself anyway =-)

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
I beg to differ. My shit play is what kept me alived till the very end because mafia didn't want to kill me, and town just always had someone else who needed lynching more, and me staying alive till the end helped a lot with the win

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

chlen

Premium Member

said by ekster:

I beg to differ. My shit play is what kept me alived till the very end because mafia didn't want to kill me, and town just always had someone else who needed lynching more, and me staying alive till the end helped a lot with the win

The only reason I did not kill you was because I was hoping the town would.

Sorry man... but if I was town in this game I most likely would have been voting for you anyways.

You did in the end win and I congratulate you, but until the very end your play was a tad erratic. Getting Zandra lynched was a big mistake I though was going to hang you, maybe with different players it would have. You argued your case very well and the players were open to discussion.

Congrats Canadian, you won this battle.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

agreed. if it wasnt newbies playing at the end only, you would have been gone

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

thats the problem most of the oldies dont listen.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

we listen, but we also know that people who play like that are a liability at the end, and are better gone in the beginning if that's how they are going to play.

This game came down to logic, MOST games don't... and there's are those one or two roles that CAN'T be verified like they could have this game, and it comes down to who played how.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to tmodelt

Premium Member

to tmodelt
said by tmodelt:

Shit, you'd have lost if it weren't for this "oldie".

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by Exodus:

said by tmodelt:

Shit, you'd have lost if it weren't for this "oldie".

Meh... that gambit on Yock could have cost the town dearly. Guts plays like that tend not win in the long run.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

He took a major chance, and it won this time. More times than not, it would have been a fail. Intuition sometimes pushes more aggressive players to act in the face of logic. I'm guilty myself sometimes. It's self serving, but keeps things interesting.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by Chaplain:

He took a major chance, and it won this time. More times than not, it would have been a fail. Intuition sometimes pushes more aggressive players to act in the face of logic. I'm guilty myself sometimes. It's self serving, but keeps things interesting.

Possibly.. But the Lynch all Liars movement exists for a reason.. I'm not a big proponent of it, as there are times, but this was not one.

It has a bigger hand when it comes to meta gaming. Hope I'm mafia when I can play those cards.