All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT

Metered Biling for Fixed Wireless (WISPs)

Subject line says it all.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

where do you see this in the PDF, WHT?

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT

said by Jim_in_VA:

where do you see this in the PDF, WHT?

I'm just saying that if a WISP goes the metered billing route, you won't have to deal with all the neutrality mumbo-jumbo.

Item #57 indicates if metered is used (and thus the FCC isn't prohibiting meter or usage based billing), then it has to be clearly annotated.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

Are your current customers usage getting so that metered billing is a consideration? Surely annotating that in new subs is not a issues, it would be in the TOS

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT

said by Jim_in_VA:

Are your current customers usage getting so that metered billing is a consideration? Surely annotating that in new subs is not a issues, it would be in the TOS

Current and new installs will be metered. My TOS allows me to make changes, just like the twice a year rate increase from cable.

I had one guy last spring ask if his rate would be guaranteed to never increase (I had previously contacted him months before and he was happy staying with his Verizon data card), but I noticed he had a competitor's Nanostation on the roof last month. By coincidence, a friend knows his daughter's boyfriend and they watch on-line TV movies all day and night, and bought an xBox a few weeks ago to get Netflicks.