NOT ENFORCABLE
56403739 (banned)
Less than 5 months left
join:2006-03-08
Naples, FL

56403739 (banned)

said by hottboiinnc4:

NOT ENFORCABLE

And your communications law degree is from which institution?

It is as enforceable as Congress says it is. And the FCC was ordered by Congress to come up with this.
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin

said by 56403739:

said by hottboiinnc4:

NOT ENFORCABLE

It is as enforceable as Congress says it is. And the FCC was ordered by Congress to come up with this.

I don't believe Congress told them to write net neutrality laws. If they did, a link to such order would be nice to see.

The FCC WAS ordered to draft a broadband plan, but they were still never given any authority to write any of these laws, which does make them unenforceable.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to 56403739

Premium Member

to 56403739
said by 56403739:

said by hottboiinnc4:

NOT ENFORCABLE

One doesn't necessarily need a law degree to know something. You answered you own question in that "as congress says it is"... um, have you checked lately to see if they have told the FCC its okay? Last I checked, the courts haven't been too keen to a lot of what the FCC has been doing.

But please, continue on.. we know that some people just love expanded government intrusion into our lives.
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to jcremin

Premium Member

to jcremin
I agree with what you said.. but it ends when you said "write any of these laws"... only congress can write a law and only a president can sign those bills into law. The FCC can only make a rule,.. there's a big difference there.

Something people also forget is that a governmental body such as the FCC isn't allowed to impose a fine either. Only congress or a court can meddle in those.. yet, for some reason, people continue to let appointed rogue agencies to continue down these roads, and everyone lets them.

The constitution is a fun thing.
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin

said by fiberguy2:

I agree with what you said.. but it ends when you said "write any of these laws"...

Sorry, I should have put the word "laws" in quotes or say "write any of these regulations and pretend they are laws".