Search similar:

uniqs
mikedav
join:2007-09-13
Davenport, IA

mikedav

[IA] Mediacom Phone Davenport Iowa

Hey guys

Is anyone have the problem of calling the other side of the river? If I dial 796-xxxx I get a recording saying "dial 1 and then the area code first", then when I do that it gives me a recording saying "do not dial a 1 before this number". if I dial 309-796-xxxx then it works. I have never had to dial area code before for a local call.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

There are certain areas across the country that are now requiring 10 digit dialing even for local numbers. If you will IM me either your modem's MAC address, or the phone number that is listed on your account, I can check to see if you are in one of these areas.
mikedav
Davenport, IA

mikedav

I sent my phone # Chad thanks.

Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy to mikedav

to mikedav
said by mikedav:

...if I dial 309-796-xxxx then it works....

That's exactly what you have to do in our area with cell phones.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by Bierboy:

said by mikedav:

...if I dial 309-796-xxxx then it works....

That's exactly what you have to do in our area with cell phones.

calling from a cell? yeah as long as ive had a cell its been that way.

as for mediacom phone, in my area the 10 digit is not the same as the TELCO, i.e. to call the next county over (same "local" region for the telco) i have to 10 digit dial. tends to be annoying as we have a few dozen prefixes so you dont know which ones go to which county as to the telco, there all local. but to mediacom, there not.

with a lot of companys doing unlimited nationwide calling, you get used to 10 digit dialing, i just wish it was consistent accross companys.

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

lotusracer to mikedav

Premium Member

to mikedav
from my experiences with the phone service, you should be glad it works at all!
mikedav
Davenport, IA

mikedav

Well tonight it doesn't work at all. I receive incoming calls but all outgoing calls give me a "the number you have dialed has not been recognized". Rebooted modem and no luck doing that.
mikedav

mikedav to thedragonmas

to thedragonmas
Well I work in Moline and live in Davenport and have made thousands of calls in the past 2 years on Mediacom phone from home to Moline-Rock Island-Milan and never had to dial 309 until yesterday.