spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Divedog

@wavecable.com

Severe packet loss in Seabeck WA

I am getting Severe packet loss in my area. Anyone else in Kitsap county? I have a tech coming out Monday for what thats worth. It's easy to see they have some issues using ping plotter.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

I am not, however I am in Port Orchard.

Can you provide a traceroute to something like 4.2.2.2?

Start > Run > cmd > tracert 4.2.2.2

Copy and paste the output here.
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

Divedog

@wavecable.com

Click for full size
How about this.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

Node congestion. That sucks, I'm sorry.

Good luck getting it resolved. Stay on them about it and you can get something done.
--

jlwtf

@wavecable.com
reply to Divedog

Divedog.. were they able to fix your issue? been having the exact same problem you are (or were) experiencing.. i have exchanged several emails with them and they are saying there is no problem with their network and that ping tests are not helpful to determine if there is a packet loss issue.. they want me to run a speedtest with my computer plugged directly into the modem.. however there is ZERO packet loss internally on the home network. once i ping to the gateway ip its 10 to 15% loss, its so frustrating!

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

I know it can be frustrating to have to prove to the ISP that your equipment is not to blame, but it is a necessary thing to do. Comply with their request, preferably make your call in the evening hours and show them it really IS node congestion.
--