spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pete_c

join:2008-11-10
Lockport, IL

AT&T Email to Mobile Text Problems Today - Is it Nationwide?

Just noticed that I cannot send any TXT messages to my AT&T mobile phone from home via Gmail SMTP, Verizon SMTP and Comcast SMTP.

I can send txt messages if I go on to the web email services of Gmail and Comcast but not Verizon or from phone to phone.

Also read of some fire department having same issue??

I've seen this as a recognized problem doing a quick g search. I tried to open a ticket yesterday and CS told me to come in to swap out my SIM. I've read that this is an AT&T problem and not related to SIM cards or service tiers.

Trying to open a ticket - seems busy today. CS would not open a ticket.

pete_c

join:2008-11-10
Lockport, IL

Tried CS again. 1st & 2nd tiers were clueless. I don't believe they understood what AT&T's texting service is all about or how it works.

In case anyone from AT&T customer service reads this:

quote:
Text messaging or texting refers to the exchange of brief written messages between fixed-line phone or mobile phone and fixed or portable devices over a network. While the original term (see below) was derived from referring to messages sent using the Short Message Service (SMS) originated from Radio Telegraphy, it has since been extended to include messages containing image, video, and sound content (known as MMS messages). The sender of a text message is known as a texter, while the service itself has different colloquialisms depending on the region: it may simply be referred to as a text in North America, India, Australia, the Philippines and the United Kingdom, an SMS in most of Europe, and a TMS or SMS in the Middle East and Asia.

Text messages can be used to interact with automated systems, such as ordering products and services for mobile phones, or participating in contests. Advertisers and service providers use texts to notify mobile phone users about promotions, payment due dates and other notifications that can usually be sent by post, e-mail or voicemail.

In straight and concise definition, "Text Messaging" by phones or mobile phones should include all 26 letters of the alphabet and 10 numerals, i.e. alpha-numeric messages or text to be sent by texter or received by the textee.[1]
from Text messaging Wiki.

Changed my WAN IP address and that fixed it.