Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Antonica

Re: [signup] D&D

Just kidding. Kris worked a way around it.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Archivis
»[game] D&D - The Rusty Wand
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
reply to Archivis
so..................

#1. My boss comes over to give me a hand with something, and I have to open up a few word documents, that happen to be read only. So each one as I open it, opens up the current word document I have on my desktop, and pops up the little box asking if I want to open it as read only... meanwhile you can read the entire document I have open. That happens to be a copy of all the spells Kris sent me.... with the title "Clerical Spells". She just looks at me and is confused as hell...

#2. I get my char sheet, and I go to print it out, and something comes up and I Forget about it. An older co-worker (if you only knew the details hahah) comes to the printer out side my cubicle, and picks up some papers and asks me if I printed something. Confused I said i don't think so.... so he just kind of looks weird, and say's ok and walks away. An hour later, I go to check my spell list, and realize.... I don't have my sheets. *click* *click*... So I have to walk up to him, and ask him why he asked me if I printed something, to realize that he picked up the papers and I needed to get them... Let me tell you, not the best convo to have with co-workers rofl.
--
»Re: [game] Star Wars Days 2 and 3

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Ouch.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
I lol'd.

Antonica
Premium
reply to Krisnatharok
I'm in by no means any trouble, just very awkward....
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
Work just confirmed that you are, indeed, a nerdlette.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Antonica
Did you give him an elvish blessing for returning your character sheet?
--
Will WWIII start today?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis
Buahahahahaha

I had a guy come up to me asking me what was on my screen. He's the lead here, not really my boss though. I told him about the D&D thing and he's like "Oh man, I play D&D online". I had to explain this is more of a paper and pencil thing.

30 minutes of nerd talk ensues. In my line of work, this kind of stuff is accepted. In hers? Not so much, freak.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Antonica
Premium
He's an actuary, so yeah... not quite accepted here.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Archivis
I didn't want to post in the game thread because it would be clutter, but perhaps we should simplify a D&D game down to WoW/dungeon scroller/LoL level. This would give significantly more power (and responsibility) to the mod, but it would be less confusing to the players.

Then again, maybe we're just a bunch of losers waiting to get home and play.
--
Will WWIII start today?

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
The mod does everything anyway. All you have to do is put in what actions you want to do. The calculations are behind the scenes (just like in WoW - the PC rolls the dice), and goes from there. It's about as good as you can get on post board. It is a pain for the mod, though.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis
Maybe there is a way to simplify this. I've been Googling play-by-post RPGs and maybe I can find some examples. This would allow for a looser set of rule sets and less complexities. It would allow for the creative process to take over instead of the cumbersome calculations process.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
Meh, I'm being more creative than calculating.

Jim
Premium
join:2003-02-10
reply to Archivis
What does 'HP' stand for?

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
Hit Points. AC is Armor Class. It's all D&D lingo. We're trying to make it simpler so it becomes more fun for the players, and less work for the mods.
--

Jim
Premium
join:2003-02-10
geeks

oops

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria