spc
uniqs

HappyAnarchy
@iauq.com

HappyAnarchy to fifty nine

Anon

to fifty nine

Re: Great... More Welfare

Sure. Are you willing to provide them with a job? I'm sure you don't mind if they have a felony on their record right?

Of course, you probably think - "oh they have a felony, so that is their own problem. Their mistake."

Sure, at which point you decide that any felony conviction is a life sentence of poverty and unemployment.

Where people get the idea that those on welfare are just a bunch of bums holding their hands out and hoping for money, I'll never guess. Every person I know on welfare is generally hard working, or at worst wants to be. Some of them are single moms, which is basically like having two jobs at once.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

I actually worked for a welfare agency and while "most" are honest, there is a significant amount of fraud. This is why there is so much money being spent on combating fraud in the system.

With regard to the felony conviction, there are programs to get these people back to work and earn the public's trust. But you can't ignore the fact that someone is a felon. I wouldn't hire someone who was convicted of armed robbery to work in a bank for example.