spc
Search similar:

uniqs
emprjoe
join:2010-12-27
Audubon, IA

emprjoe

Waiting for speeds to be available

My Family purchased Windstream internet a while ago, after they started converting iowa telecom to wind stream, and the services were available. At that time I was paying 72 dollars for 1.5 mbps download, and home phone without caller ID and most call features.

We figured a double in speed plus the calling features would be a good deal for 80 dollars since our price was about to go up another 10 dollars at iowa telecom. So we went ahead and got it. They told us in September that 3.0 mbps internet wouldn't be there yet, but we could just get everything and they would upgrade us for free when we got the 3.0mbps available to us. They said the box that needed to be within 1400 feet or so, anyhow it was like 200 feet to far. or something like that. Well, there was one on both sides of the house, one was very close, the other was probably close to our line, turns out I think it is past us, but I am still waiting for them to build a box for my house, since the last one they built to sustain the line was 200 feet away, I am guessing they probably thought it would make it there, but I live about 300 feet away from the road. The ground is frozen now, so I doubt I can get anything done, but I just wonder if they are still looking into the issue.. Essentially read this warning: If you live quite a distance out of town, EX: I live 3 miles out of town, don't expect the 3.0 mbps internet to be there soon if you don't already have it available.