Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

1 edit

[game] D&D - The Rusty Wand

Welcome to the first trial run of the D&D game. This is experimental. While Kristopher and I are doing our best to make sure this is a seamless experience, there may be errors on the way and we may correct it as we go. All talking counts towards your dialogue. If you want to get our attention, or do a specific action with emphasis, we prefer you to place it in bold. If you have private actions, please PM Kristopher and myself.

Players:
Protusmose
tmodelt
chlen
Krisnatharok
DrModem
Antonica

Mods:
Kristopher
Archivis

We're currently helping people finalize their character sheet. If you don't understand what's going on, that's fine. You will be learning as you go. Kristopher and I are developing a story that we hope will go over a period of time and each game would be a chapter within that story. You are not required to participate in each chapter, but if you sign up for a chapter, we expect you to participate in that one fully.

Creativity kicks in here. You're not limited by any specific rules. Do something creative and possibly get rewarded. Do something stupid and perhaps end up dead or penalized. D&D is very open-ended. The storyline makes this game. Pay attention to details. If you have questions, please let me and Kristopher know.

The theme of this game will have a story line that will advance either through the mods or the players themselves. While we may guide you through a recommended direction, you are not pigeon-holed to do what we say. With that said, here we go. Mod notes will be in bold to provide information. Storyline/actions will be in italics.

Our adventure begins in a small tavern just outside Palanthas, called The Rusty Wand. The Rusty Wand is home to travelers who are making their way across Solamnia, but might not be welcome enough to take refuge in the great wheel city itself. The tavern sits just to the east of Palanthas in a wooded area near a junction of several roads.

Inside the tavern are various creatures of varying and questionable natures, and of varying magical abilities and strength. At The Rusty Wand, all are welcome as long as they don’t disrupt the status quo. Good or evil, lawman or outlaw, it is generally understood that no one will bother you as long as you don’t bother anyone else.

Looking around, you see various individuals. There’s the tavern staff, including a bar maid and her father, who runs the tavern. An elf sits at a table, playing a woodwind instrument softly. The instrument appears to have been finely crafted, but shows heavy use. A small, course piece of rope is strung through around the elf’s neck to ensure quick access to a tune, apparently. A female half-elf is sitting at the table, listening to the music, but staring blankly out the window where they sit. Her mace rests on the ground, reminding people that she isn’t to be messed with.

A minotaur sits across from the elf at another table. A normally intimidating creature, but this one looks rather composed. He wears an unidentifiable crest over his enormous chest.

A half-orc sits up at the bar, irritated by the lack of drink choices. While there were dozens and dozens of drinks available, there were none of which his people enjoyed. Non-orcs and their tastes, blech. His irritation was compounded by the arrogant local warrior, drunk off his ass, boasting about his victories of a grand battle that he partook in.

An old chimney sits on the opposite side of the room, unlit. An older man walks over to it, picks up a log and places it in the fireplace. He takes a seat in one of the chairs near the fireplace and furnishes a smoking pipe. The man holds his hand over the pipe and small puffs of smoke fill the canals of the pipe. The mage waves his hand towards the fire place and the wooden log inside ignites. The light from the flame reveals a cloaked man sitting in the corner of the formerly dark part of the tavern. He doesn’t move. He just sits and observes, eyes fixated on the drunken old warrior, who’s ramblings are beginning to squelch the elf’s wind music.

--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Mod Note: A question came up about alignments and information. The information isn't "secret", however, since most of you aren't familiar with each other, there will be a bit of natural discovery. You'll be penalized for going out of the scope of your character, like breaking the law as a lawful good person, or whatever.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis

"Ah, look at this blimey old bastard over here," said Bolivar drunkenly. "You're one of them half-orcs, aren't you," he belted out.

"Well, you're half ugly, mate." The drunken fighter leaned forward, let out a large belch and leaned forward.

"Irritated, are ya? Do you know who I am? I am Bolivar, the greatest warrior of Palanthas. Whatcha' gonna do about it?" Bolivar leaned back in his stool, his eyes rolled to the back of his head momentarily and it appeared that he had forgotten the conversation he just had with the half-orc, or that he was even sitting next to one. He recovered, leaned forward and had another swig of ale.

--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis

Kris is furiously finishing up everyone's character sheets. You're all free to talk, act, do whatever. If you want to do emoticons or whatever, you can place them in *'s.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis

The elf continued playing music on his lute, but was growing increasingly annoyed at Bolivar and his rantings. He pointed his lute towards the drunken fool at the bar and played some off-key tones for a few seconds. The fool at the bar continued his ramblings without realizing that he was mute. The mouth kept moving, but the noise stopped. The half-orc peered over to the elf with the wooden instrument and gave a nod and a smirk. The elf winked back and happily resumed his tunes.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis

The half elf, Antonica, conjured a cup of water out of thin air and slid the cup across the table over to the musician, Protus, in appreciation of his work towards the obnoxious brute. Protus dipped the reeds of his lute in the water, took a sip of it himself and resumed playing, cheerfully.
--

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
kudos:1

I sit silently in the corner in a hooded cloak, smoking my pipe mysteriously

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis

The players can interact and manipulate the story however they wish (as they have done already), however, I'll not advance the story myself until all of the players have "checked in" in some manner.
--

tmodelt

join:2010-05-06
Fletcher, NC
reply to DrModem

And I sit proud showing everyone the crest on my chest

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis

Antonica illuminates a harmless ball of light and sends it over towards Modem, smirking at how she disturbed him while he was deep in thought while smoking on his pipe.

Bolivar, being unable to order any drinks, becomes frustrated, but begins to sober up a little bit. Chlen moves to the other side of the room, away from all this light nonsense and places himself in another corner, still observing Bolivar and his pockets.

--

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
reply to Archivis

"Falan tar ten yulna arwen" to the half elf, to test how much is left of her elven heritage.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02

I whisper "You ier creoso ten' i' yulna" to Protus. I also begin to dance joyfully to the music.
--
»Re: [game] Star Wars Days 2 and 3

Antonica
Premium

I must have been distracted while speaking, as I meant to say "You ier creoso ten' i' yulna".
--
»Re: [game] Star Wars Days 2 and 3

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 edit
reply to Archivis

[Apparently when Arch was referring to the half-orc, he meant me]

The half-orc scowls at the elf and half-elf in their gaiety, mutters something under his breath, turns back to the bar, and orders another drink.

--
Will WWIII start today?

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE
reply to Archivis

I wave my hand dismissively at Bolivar, lifting the silence.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Bolivar, unaware that he was ever silenced, berates the bartender for ignoring his orders and demands another drink. He's not quite as loud this time, but the intoxication is settling in. He won't survive many more drinks.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to ProtusMose

I am impressed that an elf uses magic for barroom tricks. *smirk*
--
Will WWIII start today?

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE

Meh, t'was disturbing my music.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Apparently he thinks he is the only one who has killed a lich king.
--
Will WWIII start today?

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
reply to tmodelt

said by tmodelt:

And I sit proud showing everyone the crest on my chest

That's an ugly crest you have there sir

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA

I cast "knock unconscious" on Bolivar to prevent him from getting alcohol poisoning and dieing.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA

btw how are we going to do the dicerolls?

random.org list randomizer? XD

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

We handle dice rolls behind the scenes.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to DrModem

said by DrModem:

I cast "knock unconscious" on Bolivar to prevent him from getting alcohol poisoning and dieing.

You possess no such spell.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Bleh to chlen for not being online today. Waiting for him to log on before I progress the story.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
reply to Archivis

I pick up the bottle of whiskey I was drinking and break it over his head, knocking him out.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis

The old wizard grabbed a bottle of his favorite alcohol and stammered over to Bolivar. He swung the bottle at his head, but missed entirely and shattered the bottle on the ground. Humiliated, he went back to his seat by the campfire, with nothing left to drink. Bolivar didn't notice at all.

Successfully made it unnoticed, unsuccessful attempt to hit.
--

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA

In desperation cast teleport on bolivar and send him to an elven AA meeting.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

I think you better leave the magic to people who know what they are doing. *scowl* This is piss poor entertainment.
--
Will WWIII start today?

Antonica
Premium
reply to DrModem

I got this.