DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

Re: [game] D&D - The Rusty Wand

Since he's shy I will introduce myself instead. I am a mage. In theory so far.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

So we just call you 'mage'? Works for me.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

DRMODEM THE MAGE

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

*scowl* I was leaning towards 'old man'

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

Well I am 62.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Well that explains the aborted spellcasts then. *grin*

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

Well what can you do?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
The air in the room begins to chill and the clouds outside begin to darken. You realize suddenly that it's too early for night. The wind picks up and a few of the animals outside get restless. The glass windows crystallize with ice rapidly. The ice crystallization follows as a caped and armored being walks towards the front door.

As the dark knight opens the door, the liquid in everyone's cup begins to freeze and the fire at the fireplace goes out. A harsh bitter wind comes in and the music stops abruptly. Panic begins to settle in.

"Soth?", Bolivar said with a bit of panic.

"Bolivar!", bellowed the knight. The words rattled the tavern, inciting fear into the barmaids as they scurry off to another room. "You have slain one of my Death Knights. You shall be a good replacement," Lord Soth continued to echo.

"Over my dead body," said Bolivar. He readied his sword and charged towards Soth.

"Is there any other way?", Soth chuckled for a moment. His chuckle dissipated immediately and his sword hit through Bolivar's sword, splintering it three ways. Soth's sword pierced through Bolivar's armor like it wasn't there.

Bolivar keeled over in front of Soth, wrenching in pain. The group began to react, but Soth cast a paralysis spell on the room, disabling anyone from moving. Lord Soth twisted his sword in Bolivar's chest. The sword began sucking the flesh and life out of Bolivar. Before all was removed, Soth pulled a red crystal out of his cloak and jammed it into the rib cage of the boney, armored remains of Bolivar. Bolivar fell to the ground in his absolute death.

"Now, we're even. Go forward and bring me souls, Death Knight Bolivar. Reforge your weapon," commanded Lord Soth.

Bolivar's eye sockets lit up with a red light. He stood up slowly and clumsily. He moved slowly and looked around the room at the people he just momentarily ago bought drinks for. Without emotion or thought, Bolivar snapped his hand and the splintered sword was whole again. A bright green light shot out from his armor and into the sword. Bolivar infused his soul into his sword, completing the Death Knight process.

Soth chuckled, "These souls seem like a good start." Lord Soth left the tavern and rode away on his nightmare. The cold went away and the paralysis lifted, but Death Knight Bolivar remained, still trying to be aware of his surroundings and get used to his new "body". His red eyes stared around the room with evil intent, soon ready to attack.

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer

Premium Member

/standing from my seat/ I've heard of this Lord Soth. He is *not* to be taken lightly! nor are his agents, no matter how easily they were dealt with in life. TO ARMS!

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Soth

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

Yep, I should have teleported him to that AA meeting.

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
Your Mom

Prevailer to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Cast Displacement on Bolivar

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

I cast summon monster 5, and call in a beast that shoots flames to attack the death knight.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Gimme a bit to process this stuff. Kris is AFK. He's the expert.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

More specifically, a medium elemental of fire.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
Thumps a bone-encrusted, well-worn book attached to his chest.

I am Ramak Wraithmaster, necromancer and black mage, not afraid to delve into the forbidden secrets of spellcraft. Perhaps your inhibitions cost you a successful spellcast. A true student of spellcrafting is not afraid of any one school of magic.

[dammit another post OBE--let me read and catch up]

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I'm searching threw my book to see if I can cure him, please don't kill him just yet.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

First come, first serve.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

I have a feeling I won't be able to help him. I will stand behind those who need my help.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

turn him into a death mouse?

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

My heritage does not turn people into mice.
Antonica

Antonica

Premium Member

But I can bless those who need it.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

turning him into a mouse would be a blessing for us.

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Well, we may as well introduce ourselves. How about you go first, since you so proudly wear that crest.

I am tmodelt the Minotaur

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
I cast Hold Person on Bolivar.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem to tmodelt

Premium Member

to tmodelt
said by tmodelt:

said by Krisnatharok:

Well, we may as well introduce ourselves. How about you go first, since you so proudly wear that crest.

I am tmodelt the Minotaur

Smash the death knight

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
Fool, a fire elemental will do nothing to a death knight in service to Soth.

Ramak turns his gaze on the death knight. Kneeling down, he gathers a bit of meat and bone that was splattered on the wall in Bolivar's execution. Rubbing them together in his palm, he mutters an incantation under his breath.

"Leave here, Death Knight, I command you."

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
Your Mom

Prevailer to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

I cast Hold Person on Bolivar.

Don't think he still counts as a person. I believe death knights are unaffected by hold person. Let us hope otherwise.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

1 edit

Chaplain to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
The Elf stood and cast Displacement on the undead Boliver, realizing too late that it made him 50% less likely to be hit by a melee weapon. DrModem summoned a Hound Archon, a dog headed defender of good from the celestial planes. It advanced on Boliver and began attacking him with its greatsword. Tmodelt stood up and introduced himself to everyone, despite the great turmoil erupting around him. Antonica cast Hold Person, but the death knight was no longer living and was thus unaffected. As the Hound Archon pressed its attack, the Half-Orc attempted to command the undead. The death knight sneered at him, unaffected by the spell. Looking at DrModem's weakening stance, the Hound Archon would not be on this plane too much longer. It had backed the death knight to the door, but the Displacement spell was hindering its sword blows. Antonica cast Bless, increasing her allies attack rolls by 1, and eliminating the fear that was washing over them.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

Lol @ me having the only useful attack, yet it still fails because of protus' spell.