Search similar:

uniqs
LMP
join:2007-10-18
Chicoutimi, QC

2 edits

LMP

3WEB Random disconnect

FOr nearly 2 months now, (now end of December 2010) 3web (DSL high speed Gold) disconnects after a few minutes of internet inactivity. WHen trying to access Internet again, sites show as "found" but "waiting for reply" , and that reply never comes.
The only way to reestablish contact is to access router status, click "disconnect" and wait for 20 seconds, then "connect" and verify that it connects with a different IP..and then all returns to normal. My son who has a sepsrate service with same ISP encounters same problem. It is like they flush your link to allow other users on the service....which is kind of cheap. Notice that the carrier for 3web here is Bell....so I'm not sure which one is the culprit...
...and oh yeah: my download speed that clocked easily at 6 Mbits/sec last year never goes above 3.3Mbits/s peak now, and generally flattens at 2.2Mbit/s....that makes a difference.
billypacheco
join:2011-01-05
Markham, ON

billypacheco

The problem you have reported is exactly the same as mine. I have been experiencing intermittent disconnects for over a month. I normally fix this by power cycling my ADSL MODEM. I also clocked my connection speed and it was much lower than the one I actually purchased. I spent long hours on the phone with 3web ( that is if you can actually get someone, and this time includes the on hold time!!) to no avail.

I have tried 2 different ADSL MODEMs, and the problem is the same.

What I have noticed is that whenever I launch a complaint, my connection speed and reliability actually improve; that is, until next time..

I have decided not to waste my time with this service provider any more, even though I have been a loyal customer for the last 6 years! Something changed and it was for the worst!..
LMP
join:2007-10-18
Chicoutimi, QC

LMP

All seemed to be back to normal from mid January 2011 but from Feb 20, disconnects have come back on a regular basis and instead of "site found, waiting for reply", now it is "unable to find website...."
Prompting a "disconnect" from the router, then "connect", service is reestablished until next inactivity period.