fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to jcremin

Premium Member

to jcremin

Re: The most SILLY part of this blog..

heh.. in Siren WI, it also seems virtually impossible for them to get the storm Sirens working too! lol. Sorry man, I couldn't resist.

But you're right.. in some areas you're right. And honestly, this is one of those moments where I personally feel that cable SHOULD be able to carry those networks and I believe that it should NOT be a charge to the consumer for it OR to the cable operator. I also feel that the locals should have to cover more areas than they currently do. In the cities where the signal IS available, it should be a charge, but on an ala cart basis and as an option.

I kinda get tired of the locals having their cake and eating it too these days.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

There's no excuse if you live less than 60 miles from the transmitters. I live 48 miles from NYC and my ota setup gets everything. Tell your hoa to shove it and put up a real antenna and enjoy your free tv.
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

heh.. in Siren WI, it also seems virtually impossible for them to get the storm Sirens working too! lol. Sorry man, I couldn't resist.

Yeah, that was a pretty nasty tornado. You'd think with all of those trees gone that we'd be able to get better reception!
jcremin

jcremin to fifty nine

to fifty nine
said by fifty nine:

There's no excuse if you live less than 60 miles from the transmitters. I live 48 miles from NYC and my ota setup gets everything. Tell your hoa to shove it and put up a real antenna and enjoy your free tv.

Um, like I mentioned, the cost of putting up a "real" antenna, along with the amps, tripod, etc sometimes can cost $500 or more, and even then the channel selection can be quite limited, so that is one excuse.

Another is that no, not everyone can get the channels 60 miles away. Just because YOU can get the channels 48 miles from NYC doesn't mean that everyone else lives in the same terrain as you. Someone with more hills in the way or thicker trees might be a lot more limited than you are.