spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jipped
@usda.gov

jipped

Anon

recall status

I responded to the recall a year ago and have not heard one word from VW....does anyone know how to get a hold of someone concerning reimbursement for work related to the coil problem?

Thanks

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux

Premium Member

said by jipped :

I responded to the recall a year ago and have not heard one word from VW....does anyone know how to get a hold of someone concerning reimbursement for work related to the coil problem?

Thanks

call the dealer?

Mchart
First There.
join:2004-01-21
Kaneohe, HI

Mchart to jipped

to jipped
To be frank, I don't think you are going to have much luck getting money back from the dealer if the fix happened before the recall happened. (And this long ago)

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

I had to call Audi once regarding the coil replacement reimbursement. Forget the # but it was on their website somewhere.

AlphaOne
I see
Premium Member
join:2004-02-21

AlphaOne to jipped

Premium Member

to jipped
Reimbursement?
Who did the work?
I'm guessing that if the work has been done in the dealership, you're covered.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to jipped

Premium Member

to jipped
My guess is VW= Out of luck.
jsbaker
join:2002-07-13
Houston, TX

jsbaker to jipped

to jipped
Vw did have a site up about it at www.vwcoils.com but it seems to have dissapeared. The recall kinda seemed screwed from the get go anyways. I got a letter for my passat saying to expect another letter to bring my car in, of course that letter never did show up. Never got a letter for my jetta but website showed it was included in recall. Took the car in and they said it was already updated, of course exactly two weeks later one of the coils went bad and was not covered.

I would not hold my breath on getting anything back from them. I currently own two VW's and both are headaches to deal with them about.

For those that don't know there was a provision in the recall that if you had already paid for the work to be done or bought the coils and did the work yourself you could submit receipts and get reimburse. The work did not have to be done by a dealer to qualify but there are plenty of stories of VW denying reimbursement even when all requirements have been met.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

1 recommendation

Cho Baka

MVM

said by jsbaker:

Never got a letter for my jetta but website showed it was included in recall. Took the car in and they said it was already updated, of course exactly two weeks later one of the coils went bad and was not covered.

Sounds like food for a complaint to the NHTSA.

Sov
join:2000-11-17
Cookeville, TN

Sov to jipped

to jipped
VW Customer CARE

Call 1-800-822-8987
8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Local time in the contiguous United States

Good Luck with that!