how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wwdubbia

join:2002-06-03
Clinton, NY

Already happened

This has already happened in my market. WKTV-NBC, a Smith Broadcasting station, went dark on 12/16. TWC is now piping in WBRE-NBC out of Scranton PA which is over 2 hours away. As a consumer, I feel I am getting shafted because why would I be at all interested in Scranton PA news when I am in Central NY? It's definitely not meeting the community interest threshhold.

WBRE is complaining that TWC is importing their signal to my market illegally; it is a total cluster and local officials don't have the knowledge to effectively pressure the parties involved.

In the end, everyone loses except TW who will just raise rates to offset lost revenue.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
said by wwdubbia:

In the end, everyone loses except TW who will just raise rates to offset lost revenue.

Isn't Time Warner already raising rates anyway? Congrats to them, they now have a convenient excuse.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to wwdubbia
said by wwdubbia:

WBRE is complaining that TWC is importing their signal to my market illegally.

And WBRE is correct. TWC is illegally re-broadcasting content outside their market (and very likely in violation of it's contract with WBRE.) Local regulators have nothing to do with it; notify the FCC.