spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gordesky1
join:2007-03-14
Pittsburgh, PA

gordesky1

Comcast usage meter not showing in account and couple more?s

Just got comcast xfinity 30mbps down and 7mb upload which is 9mbs im getting:)

But i went too check for the usage meter and its not listed in users and settings...

Oh and the modem i have is a ambit u10c018 and i cant find anything about it for the login setup ip.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

There is no 30/7 tier as far as I know. You are likely just seeing their "Powerboost" feature. For the "usage meter" you can call in and report it and ask them to re-provision your modem, or you can post in the Comcast Direct Forum here and ask for assistance with that;

»Comcast Direct

Try this link for instructions for access to that modem;

»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »Viewing the Modem's Signal Levels, Firmware Version & Log Entries

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to gordesky1

Premium Member

to gordesky1
Good luck getting your meter to show. I haven't seen it on my account since comcast introduced it to the public. They worked on it for a long time...and I STILL have a ticket out on the problem...but they have quit trying to fix. One way I can tell this is my password is no longer being changed several times a day due to their techs trying to figure out whats going on.

Seriously though...good luck working with them to fix it. Don't worry about going over your limit (I don't suggest trying to) but there is no way they can enforce their own rules when they don't supply you with the means to keep track of your usage like they have for thousands and thousands of their customers.
gordesky1
Pittsburgh, PA

1 edit

gordesky1

Hmm sent a message too direct forum about the meter.

I still cant get into the modem config page with any of those ips in that link.

Hmm for the speed tir it says Downloads up to 30 Mbps, uploads up to 7 Mbps with Power Boost, or does that mean the uploads is up too that with power boost?

Cause sometimes im getting 9mbps for upload

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

said by gordesky1:

I still cant get into the modem config page with any of those ips in that link.

According to here;
»broadband.modemhelp.net/ ··· 18.shtml 192.168.100.1 is the access addy.

Sorry if it doesn't work. Maybe someone in the know will jump in here.
gordesky1
Pittsburgh, PA

gordesky1

speed is faster too getting 32mbps.
gordesky1

gordesky1

Just wanted too give a update for the usage meter that it works:)

Just came home from work now and went in users and settings and its right in the top right corner which says 2gbs out of 250gbs even tho i download a bit more than that on steam today.

But at least it works now:) Still don't get why its not working for my cousin tho.. Which had comcast for like 10 years..

But i did contact comcast on twitter about it so maybe they did something or direct forum.
msanto
join:2001-08-13
Castro Valley, CA

msanto

I'm in the same situation. I was able to view my usage earlier in the month, and now can't. Haven't been able to do so for a week. Only care because I just signed up for Mozy.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

Comcast is aware there are some problems with the meter.
I had the problem of "now it's there, now it's not" for a few months.
Send your information to: we_can_help@comcast.net and they will try to resolve the problem.
They fixed my meter not working and even called back twice to make sure it was OK.
msanto
Castro Valley, CA

msanto

Well, I called them, and got nowhere, except them assuring me 72 hours ago it would be fixed in 24 hours. Which it hasn't. Will I get further with the email?

Wayne99021
Premium Member
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

I know in my case I had much better response at the e-mail address than I did on the phone.
The phone tech told me right out that he could look at it, but may have to forward it on....never heard anything from them.
That wasn't the case with the e-mail. They fixed the meter problem and then called and said the trouble had been resolved the next evening.
msanto
Castro Valley, CA

msanto

OK, emailed them, but no response as yet.

Appreciative
@comcast.net

Appreciative

Anon

Wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread, and forum. For years you all have been reliable, professional, without question one of my personal top 10 reference locations online. You helped me yet again, today.

All as related to the "missing usage meter" condition, which I have now myself today JAN 2:

I still find it amazing that after 15+ years of continual CC service as a customer that they leave at least me *alone* figuring this stuff out. Related to slow speed, rented modems, service not the tier purchased, with responses such as its my pc, or old wiring in my house, that higher tier purchase still gets slower internet speed. Well yah I find out by accident after years paying higher tier/getting lowest tier speed that the rented '1.x modem wont get 3.0 speed' thing--and I happen to find out on Christmas Eve, twenty minutes before the local office closes. Drove like the wind, changed out modem no probs at the house, speed like I've never seen in 15 years in an instant. How happy could I be? (Leaving out, as you might imagine, years of nightmare customer service problem stories re: CC, at this point, called so many times that I can sing back the spanish blurb at the beginning as well as any song I've ever known, yawn yawn its just what it is until we have another option yadda yadda) And should it help anyone else, this list showed my modem before the swap as SB 3100 DOCSIS 1.1 not able to go speeds over Economy internet package no matter what you buy, and they switched me to a 3.0 modem that fixed it some three years later when I found out and had to ask CC about it -- list at: http://www.mydeviceinfo.comcast.net I would suggest that anyone not receiving similar to advertised speeds check their model model number and make sure it isn't one sent to the Comcast graveyard years ago--if you don't check it, it sure is apparent to me that no one else will. For the first time in 15 years I actually feel today like I'm getting (in internet) what I'm paying for--the pinch every month hurts a little less now, no thanks to CC customer service.

But today, once again, thanks to Google and this forum, an answer. I see I have no usage meter today, and I surmise that because I changed out my modem two weeks ago to a 3.0 that *perhaps* it makes sense that someone somewhere at CC would need to KNOW that, to link up my comcast usage meter ability in my Customer Central account login with my actual modem so I can see it. So by Google, to this forum, to this thread I knew to call and did--CC gentleman says fine, within 24 hours. Most professional call to CC I've ever had, and I expect it is because at this time of a Sunday morning they have New Orleans call center taking calls rather than local. Too bad I didn't get the 'after this call, take survey' option--first 'all fives' I'd have ever had with CC in 15+ years of service.

I do make a mental note that it seems that there is a *total* disconnect between *what modem you rent* and *what tier you are assigned/paying for*. I mean, the only reason that I ever remained renting all these years was to have THEM responsible for the modem and not ME having to go through university tech school to keep an eye on it and sync it up with any new tier purchases. This is OBVIOUSLY not the case though. Not just a one-caller error either in my case. There have been more than ten, perhaps to twenty different calls to CC about this, not one of them looked. And I have a private mailbox which receives *all* for me, and every single bill arrives on time. No outside vulnerable mailbox, no nothing--a locked receptacle in a UPS store, no lost mail I assure you, and I never got any notice. Bad, bad policy *if that's what it is* -- and honestly, with all the unreliable cust svc resp from CC over the years, I'd give it a 50/50 she knew what she was talking about anyway. (Mean, I know, but if karma were real we'd have all working bad-customer service people change places with those who are unemployed right now and would be GRATEFUL to have a job of any kind..., and were it so it would help this nation LOADS by upgrading customer service response across the board)

But I digress, apologies, no time left to proof read, but I did want to leave a HUGE thanks to this thread, and this forum, and all who contribute over the years. You all are top-rate in my book, and I am certain you are the same in the eyes of countless others who don't have a moment to drop by and say thank you but who looks at you just as I do. Essential!

Warmest regards to you all, and Happy New Year!

JigglyWiggly
join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

JigglyWiggly

May I ask why you would want the usage meter? It's a good excuse incase they ever call you and ask about your bandwidth.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

I can only answer for me. I now have 3 Grand kids who got new laptops for Christmas.... They will be at my house 5 days a week 5 hours a day for sure and maybe on the weekends too.
My router is a Netgear WNR3500v1 and I can't install Tomato or DD-WRT on it so I need something to see if my usage gets up there towards the 250 cap. Yes! I do care if I go over unlike some of the people on other threads who brag about going over and not getting the "Letter"