uniqs
share rss forum feed

fireflier
Coffee. . .Need Coffee
Premium
join:2001-05-25
Limbo

One station needs cable badly

One Sinclair station in my area would probably be SOL without Time Warner. Since they went digital, most times I can't even pick their signal up, and I can see their tower from my house!

They were assigned a VHF frequency and everything else in the area is UHF so I and most everyone else has a UHF antenna. On top of that, I'm wondering if they had to reduce transmission power (or are having transmitter/antenna problems) since being so close, one would almost think my gear could pick them up just by signal leakage INTO the cabling even if the UHF antenna wasn't adequate.

Point is, when I watch them, it's via DirecTV Locals. If TWC drops them, there are going to be a lot of TWC customers who probably won't even be able to pick them up with an OTA.

TWC might lose out on this disagreement in other markets, but there's one station in mine that would suffer more.
--
Tradition: Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid. --despair.com

Long_a

@rr.com
If you're referring to WSYX, the FCC gave them a freq. change.

fireflier
Coffee. . .Need Coffee
Premium
join:2001-05-25
Limbo
Nope. WDKY. There was another in my area that had been moved to VHF as well, but they petitioned and got a UHF allocation from the FCC. The WDKY is still on VHF as far as I know.
--
Tradition: Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid. --despair.com