how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cheapbastard

join:2009-04-14

1 edit

Well it's that time

Considering dropping just the internet portion and go to Rogers for their Express 60GB i can't live with 25GB is useless for me even paying the extra $5/40GB plus $5/mth increase on my triple bundle is NOT value in my eyes.

If the landline unlimited doesn't include CID and Call waiting ID...then it's my mobile only no more landline and no more Primus too.

BooPrimus

@ftn.net

Yah I just got a message the other day on my phone saying there will be a 25GB limit. WTF is this? The only reason I went with primus is because of the unlimited bandwidth. Im usually around 50-60GB per month, but has been nice knowing there is room for me. Any other options out there?

cheapbastard

As far as i can tell JUST Teksavvy's cable but that too is apparently in danger of UBB as the Canadian Industry is an Oligopoly.

cheapbastard

2 edits
reply to cheapbastard

I may have to rethink my strategy and do a little more research because it appears Rogers although seemingly cheaper still throttles heavily whereas from experience Primus does lightly.
I'm expecting a "callback" from Primus's "loyalty/cancellation" department today as when i tried to cancel on the Dec 30th 2010, i was routed to someone im India (slipped up location when i asked a barrage of questions...LOL) but apparently the 'cancellation" department was extremely busy; so i'm basing my decision on how that call goes which may result in either a shift back to Rogers whom i left in the first place because of "caps" who seem to have a better promo right now, just pay for a higher cap with Primus or just say to hell with the net and read some good books and subscribe to a daily newsprint again ...pay for 70's net in 2011

BooPrimus

@ftn.net

Interesting. Feel free to report back with your findings. I wonder if their rates for going over on bandwidth usage is negotiable?

I came to Primus from Sympatico, maybe I should call bell and be really nice to them ...lol. somthing like "hey there, I miss you guys, I want to come back, but what can you offer me for a 100GB/Mth plan?"

cheapbastard

I'm dissappointed no one called me back so tomorrow i start the process over again and will not hang up till i have my de-activation confirmed
I checked my usage for the past three days used sparingly and not my normal online routine, ~4GB which means their CAP on me will be filled under a week...lol

cheapbastard

reply to cheapbastard

I gave in and just added the $15/120GB 0ption while i contemplate other actions.