Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Quip
Premium
join:2003-03-18
Riverside, CT
kudos:1

1 recommendation

[POLL] 2011 Wireless Provider

Poll
Who is your primary wireless service provider?

Verizon Wireless

AT&T

Sprint Nextel

T-Mobile

Boost Mobile

Virgin Mobile

MetroPCS

Tracfone

Other

Other pre-paid

Votes:235

Welcome to "Provider Poll" v. 2011!

If you use more than one mobile device please vote for the provider you use the most often even if it's a data only device. Looking at last year's poll, most respondents were still using one of the four national providers. Changes this year include the deletion of Straight Talk and Page Plus Cellular as they had a very low response rate.

If I've missed your particular provider please vote other (either pre-paid or post-paid). I also encourage anyone who voted for "other" to list their service provider in the thread so we can include it in next year's poll.

As always, the above list are providers in the United States, if you have service in another country with the same brand (T-Mobile UK for example), please vote "other."

This is the poll's ninth version with a new one posted every year.

Here's last year's: »[POLL] 2010 Wireless Service Provider

Quip
Premium
join:2003-03-18
Riverside, CT
Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile this year.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Quip
Hey hey..right on time, Quip See Profile

I'm still with Verizon. Extremely happy with my service & plan
I have a New Every Two, and have upgraded to an Unlimited Plan for only $10 more than what I was paying all along for 1200 minutes

I never drop calls..which to me is #1 priority.
--
~Safe Hex~ Team Discovery ~ Project Hope ~ Like A Hurricane~

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
reply to Quip
T-Mobile.

pvtpilot94
System
Premium
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH
reply to Quip
Still running with Sprint.

slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
reply to Quip
Going on my fourth year with Page Plus Cellular... been with 'em since March 2008. Love that Verizon coverage, even if the monthly data allotment is a measly 50MB.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
reply to Quip
Still on At&t. Have had them since they were Houston Cellular in 2000 and throughout the entire time they were Cingular.

bbrcat
Cancer Sucks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-09
NH
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to Quip
Verizon here too(still). Call quality,corperate discount and value do it for me.
--
Team
Discovery

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
reply to Quip
Sprint all the way!

HTC Evo on Sprint, Motorola i680 and Motorola i576 on Nextel.

byramr
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Quip
Many happy years with Verizon.

Robert

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA
reply to Quip
AT&T and Iphone...

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Coello, IL
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER
reply to Quip
Alltel is still one of the top ten providers of cellular service in the U.S. They should be listed in the poll. They do a damn good job.

--
Lordy, I have loved some ladies and I have loved Jim Beam and they both tried to kill me in 1973.

south1178
Premium
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH
reply to Quip
Going on 14 years with Verizon. Very happy with cost and reliability of service.
--
Buckeye Stangs - Ohio Mustang Club

alrandolph

join:2004-07-11
Jersey City, NJ
reply to Quip
Still with AT&T, but plan to switch to H20 once my contract is up in Feb.

TheDreamer

join:2002-01-17
Manhattan, KS
reply to Quip
Switched to Credo Mobile before the end of my AT&T contract.

Did not know that ETF is subject to USF....

Contract buyout from Credo was only for the ETF, not the USF or taxes on it.

The Dreamer.
--
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Expand your moderator at work

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
reply to Quip

Re: [POLL] 2011 Wireless Provider

I switched to Boost Mobile from Nextel postpaid. Same great service I had for a fraction of the cost.
--
"Don't steal. The government hates competition."
Beyond AM. Beyond FM. XM

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-15
none
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to Quip
going on 20 years now with Cellular South, a regional carrier here. about 60.00 a month per smart phone when you have 2 on a plan or 80 for a single SP, totally unlimited data/text/voice local or nationwide on all of them.

i had Bell South/Cingular/AT&T several years back, but i always carried my CellSouth phone because it worked better and was cheaper to use.
--
Lack of Preparation on YOUR Part does NOT Constitute an Emergency on Mine!

Buckethead
Who?

join:2001-07-30
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Quip
just hit 12 months with Sprint. Working on making Sprint the longest I have been with one carrier in more than 8 years (was with Qwest and went through their transitions from Qwest -> Sprint -> Verizon).

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN
reply to Quip
Still with T Mobile but have the HTC G2 now. Honestly I think their the best deal when it comes to the "big" wireless carriers, and I get full bars in my home which at&t and Verizon failed to do. I just can't get 3g inside.

littlnet
Premium
join:2006-12-05
Gladewater, TX
reply to Quip
Staightalk for me $33.63. I do not use all 1000 talk mins, text or web limits. Age must make some difference but my Cell phone is with me all the time and worth having for communication from kids, grand-kids, and Home security contact. Now that's a homerun with TV antenna, the PC for providing movies, news, mail and most importantly Broadband DSL. $185.00 bucks a month is cell phone, internet with basic cable, electricity (not-avarage billing) using led lighting, and home security. Thank you all for being here My Kitty Cats Eat Very Good.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Quip
Still with ATT (cingular). Will switch to T-Mobile if they get 3g in my area. Been out of contract for 8 months.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

rflack50
Wacko
Premium
join:2000-12-12
Sacramento, CA
reply to Quip
I just switched from AT&T Go Phone to Boost Mobile unlimited plan. I ended up getting the Sanyo Incognito and it works for what I do. Would like a phone with a bigger screen since my eyes are old, lol.
--
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
Helen Keller

chucky5150
Divers do it Deeper

join:2001-11-03
New Iberia, LA
reply to Quip
Still with AT&T. 5 phones on a family plan all with different end of contract dates. Pretty much stuck here but I get great 3g speeds in my little podunk town. Hell, I've even gotten coverage while working out in the gulf of mexico.
--
Member of the US Air Force since May 7th, 2002 To March 29th, 2005

"You sneak up behind yourself and remove your pants before you realize what's going on." KOL

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to Quip
AT&T with the iPhone

If they kill my unlimited plan in the future, I will be switching immediately

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium
join:2003-01-29
Erie, PA
reply to Quip
I switched to Straight Talk--made sure to get a CDMA phone (VZ network). ditched page plus as they have the rudest customer service I have ever experienced, not to mention they would blame my phone as the reason that they would send me 70+ sms at once saying I had insufficient funds even though I was on the unlimited plan.
--
Out the 10BaseT, through the modem, down the co-ax, over the fiber, across the backhaul, past the edge router, off the network...nothing but net

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
reply to Quip
Me and my wife have Straight Talk at the moment and are pretty happy with them outside of the fact that I can't get my hands on a CDMA smart phone if they even have one which I doubt and the fact that they charge per phone and don't have any family or add a line plans. We use the Samsung sch R355c phones which for a simple qwerty non smart phone is still an incredible phone with really great signal reception compared to other phones on thier service and a few Verizon phones I have had a chance to compare it too including a couple of thier smart phones. I highly recomend Straight Talk to anyone that just needs an individual plan, great great service for us at least.

With that said we are trying out Wal-Mart family mobile as soon as my BlackBerry I ordered gets here. If we can get a T mobile signal on that better than this cheesy phone I got at Wal-Mart then we will be switching to them for the family plan.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
reply to Quip
Ditched the iPhone and AT&T, and got an Android with Verizon.

DoLeMiTe
My Dixie Wrecked
Premium
join:2001-01-11
Pitcairn, PA
reply to Quip
AT&T here with no problems.
--
Am I holding it wrong?

mrham
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Seneca, MO
reply to Quip
U.S.Cellular

Makes AT&T and Verizon look like the proverbial 2 soup cans connected by a string.