Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

littlnet
Premium
join:2006-12-05
Gladewater, TX
reply to Quip

Re: [POLL] 2011 Wireless Provider

Staightalk for me $33.63. I do not use all 1000 talk mins, text or web limits. Age must make some difference but my Cell phone is with me all the time and worth having for communication from kids, grand-kids, and Home security contact. Now that's a homerun with TV antenna, the PC for providing movies, news, mail and most importantly Broadband DSL. $185.00 bucks a month is cell phone, internet with basic cable, electricity (not-avarage billing) using led lighting, and home security. Thank you all for being here My Kitty Cats Eat Very Good.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Quip
Still with ATT (cingular). Will switch to T-Mobile if they get 3g in my area. Been out of contract for 8 months.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

rflack50
Wacko
Premium
join:2000-12-12
Sacramento, CA
reply to Quip
I just switched from AT&T Go Phone to Boost Mobile unlimited plan. I ended up getting the Sanyo Incognito and it works for what I do. Would like a phone with a bigger screen since my eyes are old, lol.
--
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
Helen Keller

chucky5150
Divers do it Deeper

join:2001-11-03
New Iberia, LA
reply to Quip
Still with AT&T. 5 phones on a family plan all with different end of contract dates. Pretty much stuck here but I get great 3g speeds in my little podunk town. Hell, I've even gotten coverage while working out in the gulf of mexico.
--
Member of the US Air Force since May 7th, 2002 To March 29th, 2005

"You sneak up behind yourself and remove your pants before you realize what's going on." KOL

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to Quip
AT&T with the iPhone

If they kill my unlimited plan in the future, I will be switching immediately

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium
join:2003-01-29
Erie, PA
reply to Quip
I switched to Straight Talk--made sure to get a CDMA phone (VZ network). ditched page plus as they have the rudest customer service I have ever experienced, not to mention they would blame my phone as the reason that they would send me 70+ sms at once saying I had insufficient funds even though I was on the unlimited plan.
--
Out the 10BaseT, through the modem, down the co-ax, over the fiber, across the backhaul, past the edge router, off the network...nothing but net

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
reply to Quip
Me and my wife have Straight Talk at the moment and are pretty happy with them outside of the fact that I can't get my hands on a CDMA smart phone if they even have one which I doubt and the fact that they charge per phone and don't have any family or add a line plans. We use the Samsung sch R355c phones which for a simple qwerty non smart phone is still an incredible phone with really great signal reception compared to other phones on thier service and a few Verizon phones I have had a chance to compare it too including a couple of thier smart phones. I highly recomend Straight Talk to anyone that just needs an individual plan, great great service for us at least.

With that said we are trying out Wal-Mart family mobile as soon as my BlackBerry I ordered gets here. If we can get a T mobile signal on that better than this cheesy phone I got at Wal-Mart then we will be switching to them for the family plan.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
reply to Quip
Ditched the iPhone and AT&T, and got an Android with Verizon.

DoLeMiTe
My Dixie Wrecked
Premium
join:2001-01-11
Pitcairn, PA
reply to Quip
AT&T here with no problems.
--
Am I holding it wrong?

mrham
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Seneca, MO
reply to Quip
U.S.Cellular

Makes AT&T and Verizon look like the proverbial 2 soup cans connected by a string.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
reply to Quip
Verizon from day one, and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
Never had a problem (yet).

alrandolph

join:2004-07-11
Jersey City, NJ
reply to Quip
Switched to H20 Wireless this month from AT&T.

QLR

join:2009-06-23
Tallahassee, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Quip
I am a Verizon user; been with them for almost 6 years. Have no desire to leave since I have a smartphone and I haven't had any issues. Network is solid, customer service is top notch; few hiccups on billing. Prices are high but I have service. Only thing that works well in my apartment is AT&T and that would present a logistical nightmare for me. I keep a T-Mobile prepaid cell and its signal is so inconsistent it's sad. Sprint (CDMA and IDEN) is flaky in my place as well. Cricket and MetroPCS offer roaming only here, so they are a no-go (phones arent all that great either).

I have 2 other lines on the Verizon account in Atlanta and the users have had zero problems...

iLive4Fusion
Premium
join:2006-07-13
reply to Quip
I have 2 primary provider's. Southern Linc Wireless iDEN with a Blackberry Curve 8350i (Regional iDEN Provider with 2.75G data and national extended coverage), and Verizon Wireless with the HTC Thunderbolt 4G
--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport

sdfox7
Premium
join:2011-05-07
Bethel, CT

2 edits
reply to Quip
Finally divorced Verizon after 9 years, bought my first phone right after 9/11. It was a Nokia 5180, remember those?

Anyway, lousy customer service, and their value per dollar isn't great. I went to AT&T and took my number with me; remember, not too long ago you couldn't do this.

Verizon's termination fee didn't stop me, I like AT&T and I haven't looked back since!

AT&T Apple iPhone 3GS
GSM
Primary location of use: Danbury/Stamford/Fairfield County
--
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/53
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.17) Gecko/20110420

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
reply to Quip
Well I gave in and went Verizon. Got the family plan with 4 phones. Am sure I will be happy with them other than the family bucket on data that is up and coming. Not sure if it will be worth it or if I will just hold onto my unlimited for now and just not get smartphones for the other three.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

sonofjay
Mission Accomplished - Bush May 1, 2003
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-14
Malden, MA
kudos:1
reply to Quip
voted other-prepaid. Switched from VZ postpaid to Straight Talk prepaid.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
reply to Quip
Ditched AT&T earlier this year and switched my iPhone to Verizon. My mother took over the remaining lines on my AT&T account. Now I have reception in places that she does not.

neftv

join:2000-10-01
Broomall, PA
reply to Quip
everyone always says something bad about AT&T but they always seems to be right up there with Verizon in charts here.
I am with AT&T and in my areas where I use it it works fine.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
reply to Quip
Ok folks.. Quip See Profile has our new poll up

»[POLL] 2012 Wireless Provider

(closing) this, but adding to our forum sidebar for access