spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Daemond
join:2010-11-24
Duluth, MN

Daemond

[MN] Happy new Year for mediacom

they like to celebrate by giving you even less speed than what you pay for!

implode
join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO

implode

Just ran a test for the heckuva it:

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to Daemond

Premium Member

to Daemond
said by Daemond:

they like to celebrate by giving you even less speed than what you pay for!

Looks like "up to XX Mbit" to me.

Screenshot of my speed, yup same thing up to whatever...

So you're getting what your paying for, read the fine print.

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke

Premium Member

Are you ever gonna stop with this BS line???? 3.28 is only a very small jump over the cheaper HSI package of 3 mbps down? I think I see a problem.

Six Gun Kid
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Huntsville, AL

Six Gun Kid to Daemond

Premium Member

to Daemond
Do as I did in this situation...I told them I was only willing a pay "Up to" whatever percentage of the Actual Speeds I was getting. If I was paying for 12 mps and only getting on average 3, I was only willing to pay them 25% of the bill I received.

Needless to say they were not happy with situation either.

Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan

Yeah that works so well. Been there and dealt with people that did that. In the end they still paid.
VTX1800N1
join:2010-12-06
Mahomet, IL

VTX1800N1

Rather than that, file consumer protection complaints with the State Attorney General, especially if Mediacom has a monopoly on high speed service in your area. Then file complaints with the Better Business Bureau also.
Pringlescan
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan

Lol, go back to your thread about not being able to get to another competitors website and read.

BBB isn't going to do anything and either is the AG. lol

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to VTX1800N1

Premium Member

to VTX1800N1
I apologize for the issues and would love to help. If you want to send me your telephone# or account# we can look into this and see what we can do for you.
VTX1800N1
Mahomet, IL

VTX1800N1 to Pringlescan

to Pringlescan
Do you have a purpose here?
SeaFoam
join:2009-05-20
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti US-8
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

SeaFoam

said by VTX1800N1:

To show how shitty their company really is behind the helpful facade.
VTX1800N1
Mahomet, IL

VTX1800N1

said by SeaFoam:

said by VTX1800N1:

To show how shitty their company really is behind the helpful facade.

I was replying to CappinHoff, who seems to take personal issue with anyone who has a problem with their service.

IRKED
join:2010-10-06
Springfield, MO

IRKED

yeah he sent me a bunch of QQ instant messages about how I am a troll lol
VTX1800N1
Mahomet, IL

VTX1800N1

Lol, he sent me a PM too saying it was funny how he got warned about trolling every time he replied to a thread I was in - problem is that I haven't made any complaints about him.
Daemond
join:2010-11-24
Duluth, MN

Daemond to tsduke

to tsduke
i have the 12. figured id let you know. also to the field tech, i loved how you explained up to XX mbps. Now don't get me wrong here. Perfect example of that would be your advertising up to 100/100 just for the heck of it. i get 1/1, would that be fair? Now i cant do anything but whine and complain because you said "up to" so thats what im doing, whining and complaining and it seems i got somewhere with it

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I just wanted to speak for Mediacom on this one. There is a reasonable drop in service during peak times but for most on this thread, that is not what we're dealing with. If someone is getting 50-60% of their speeds (bypassing any routers) then we have something wrong. I've spoken to most (if not all) of you and we are working to get the issues resolved.

We do not sit idle and wait for customers to bring network issues to us. If it is bandwidth related we have an automated system that tracks any over-usage and when modems start to error, it will flag it on our side. This is turned over to the Network Manager who starts analyzing the usage to see if it's just one person maxing out their connection (causing other customers to suffer) or a network problem. If it's a network problem, we start ordering the parts that are needed to increase bandwidth. The parts come in, get installed, and usage issues are repaired.

The repairs needed are not the same for all situations/areas.

Often we have found it's an over looked router setting, bad cords, equipment, etc. This is the main reason for the front line troubleshooters.

As always, contact me if you are having service issues and I will update you with the facts as they become available.
Pringlescan
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan to VTX1800N1

to VTX1800N1
said by VTX1800N1:

Yeah I do. I was telling you to go back and look at your thread to find your answers to your issue of being blocked.
said by IRKED:

yeah he sent me a bunch of QQ instant messages about how I am a troll lol

Well you were. YOu were complaining about things that didn't even pertain to the thread.
said by VTX1800N1:

Lol, he sent me a PM too saying it was funny how he got warned about trolling every time he replied to a thread I was in - problem is that I haven't made any complaints about him.

It is funny, but that is the netz for you.
VTX1800N1
Mahomet, IL

VTX1800N1 to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
I really appreciate your help, as you have gone much further than anyone else at MC, but I have to say their system of addressing problems is broken. If someone can complain about capacity issues for nearly two years, as I have, and there still be no solution, then MC has some serious CS issues.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thank you for the kind words. In regards to the customer service, I'm sorry you feel that way and I'll be passing your concerns along to my department's supervisor and Customer Care Management.