join:2009-11-27
Saint Cloud, MN

stonecat to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA

criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs

Those must be 4G speeds, Stonecat, correct?

I ask because I believe the previous postings in this thread are 3G speeds. I created a separate January Sprint 4G WiMax Speeds thread at »How's Your January 2011 Sprint 4G WiMax Speeds? . I cordially invite you to post there as well. Thanks!

Happy New Year!
badluck
join:2010-07-10
Athens, TN

badluck

Still very disappointing.
aoisserver
join:2010-03-24
Bellefonte, PA

aoisserver to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA

To Default Server

To My Local Town's Server

Not like my connection at home but is great for me on the go but faster is always better.
criggs
New York, NY

criggs

The bottom line there however is that that connection is still below spec. Sprint promises 600k per second minimum average speed download, and 350k per second minimum average speed upload. So your connection fails on both counts. I would report it to Sprint, if you have not done so already.
aoisserver
join:2010-03-24
Bellefonte, PA

aoisserver

Were You Talking about me criggs? If so I am on Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go Plans but is a service of Sprint Network. Would I call Sprint Network or Virgin Mobile. I also forgot the agreement with Sprint Network and Virgin Mobile.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini to criggs

Premium Member

to criggs
I've had just shy of 6mbit about a week ago in the rio grande valley of texas last week and that was on TMO 3G.
criggs
New York, NY

criggs to aoisserver

to aoisserver
said by aoisserver:

Were You Talking about me criggs? If so I am on Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go Plans but is a service of Sprint Network. Would I call Sprint Network or Virgin Mobile.

I don't specifically know where Virgin Mobile is concerned. In general, however, the customer is usually required to dance the dance and kiss the ring of the vendor to whom they pay the pennies before the real people are notified and get to work. In your case, since, as I understand it, VM uses the Sprint network, the Sprint network would be the real people and the VM folks would be the pointless tap-dancers.

In fact, that's one major point against ALL resellers. Their customers are unable to talk to the real people. They have to go through these intermediaries, and just have to hope that the intermediaries will do the right thing and talk to the real people.
criggs

criggs to CptGemini

to CptGemini
said by CptGemini:

I've had just shy of 6mbit about a week ago in the rio grande valley of texas last week and that was on TMO 3G.

Yes, I've looked at TM a couple of times, since it's got outstanding word-of-mouth. Too stingily capped to work for me unfortunately.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini to Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jack_in_VA
Just remembered about this little nugget I took yesterday. Theres a lot of trees around the city where I live so no matter the carrier you would be lucky to get these kind of speeds unless your out and about in town where there is none.

m12345s
join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO

m12345s

Is that gadget just available with your phone, or did you find that on speedtest.net somewhere? Thanks.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

said by m12345s:

Is that gadget just available with your phone, or did you find that on speedtest.net somewhere? Thanks.

Its an app available for the iphone and the android OS, and I just happen to have an android which I have rooted and have a custom rom installed.

W4DRA
D a v e
join:2003-06-02
Dunnellon, FL

W4DRA to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
W4DRA

W4DRA to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
W4DRA

W4DRA to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
garywilliams
join:2010-12-29
New York, NY

garywilliams to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
Not bad.

W4DRA
D a v e
Dunnellon, FL

W4DRA to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA

W4DRA

W4DRA to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
mojo1
join:2006-12-05
Victoria, TX

mojo1 to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
3G is still looking pretty good in Atlanta.

DS1192
join:2010-07-16
La Crosse, WI

1 edit

DS1192

I wish Sprint would add another T1 line.

Best Speedtest yet!, I hope when Broadband2Go starts their throttling of people going over 5GB speeds will improve a little.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Dexter it looks like you are on a multiple T-1 tower. I'm on one but I have some Netflix or other video streamers at night. I wish I had your latency. Mine has always been higher than some.

DS1192
join:2010-07-16
La Crosse, WI

DS1192

hmmmmm........I don't know why I got a good speedtest that time, at my house when no one else is using the internet I usually most of the time get a download from 0.70mbps - 0.95mbps. I am not sure as to how many T1 lines my tower has but judging from my upload, I would say only one. As for my good latency I guess I lucked out....I test my speed on a WinXP that has nothing running in the background using the internet and my ping is always 88-89ms. When I go on my older WinXP laptop, with a bunch of programs running the ping is 140-190ms. So...idk what your PC may have on it, but that's just what I have experienced. Also my tower went down the day before that speedtest, not sure if they did anything different to it, and I just changed my MTU to 1492. Sorry I got a little off topic here.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

criggs
New York, NY

criggs to DS1192

to DS1192
said by DS1192:

I test my speed on a WinXP that has nothing running in the background using the internet and my ping is always 88-89ms. When I go on my older WinXP laptop, with a bunch of programs running the ping is 140-190ms.\

I've also noticed that the same connection performs differently from computer to computer. My newer Windows 7 Home Premium gets me around 9mbps download with Sprint 4G, but my older XP box only gets me about 5 to 6mbps. And yes, I have done the appropriate Window and MTU tweaks on the XP box, so I'm fairly sure I'm getting the maximum possible. It raises the question as to whether there's a speed ceiling on some of the older operating systems.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

W4DRA
D a v e
Dunnellon, FL

W4DRA to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA