spc
Search similar:

uniqs
junglee
join:2004-05-26
North York, ON

junglee

[Homephone] Number portability

I've started the process to port my Landline number to a viop service. Do I need to call bell to cancel the landline or will the landline automatically cancel once the number moves?

Any other gotcha's with moving numbers and bell?
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

No you don't need to call Bell. If you call them and cancel, you risk losing your old number.
junglee
North York, ON

junglee

And that will automatically cancel my landline as well? Without me having to do anythign with bell?

newTekuser
@teksavvy.com

newTekuser to junglee

Anon

to junglee
said by junglee:

I've started the process to port my Landline number to a viop service. Do I need to call bell to cancel the landline or will the landline automatically cancel once the number moves?

Any other gotcha's with moving numbers and bell?

When porting never cancel the landline or you lose the number.
Let the VOIP provider take care of that problem. Once they inform porting is complete then ISP will ask you to call Bell and cancel.
I just finished porting Bell to New ISP.
The worst part is Bell asks you to pay for one month even though your line is dead.
junglee
North York, ON

junglee

Thanks...BS policies is one of the biggest reasons I'm turfing Bell.
It's stupid to pay a month even though you are not on a contract

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by junglee:

Thanks...BS policies is one of the biggest reasons I'm turfing Bell.
It's stupid to pay a month even though you are not on a contract

And what's worse, is that when porting a number to voip, the second its ported you cannot even use the remaining 30 days on your bell service which they force you to pay. Unless you bitch them to assign you a new number for those 30 days. If they wont, then dispute the charge.

At least with TV or internet, you can still use the 30 days of extra service even though you may not want it.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

This is a problem that really should be complained about to the CCTS.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

And what's worse, is that when porting a number to voip, the second its ported you cannot even use the remaining 30 days on your bell service which they force you to pay.

If your VoIP provider issues the order to Bell with a due date 30 days in the future, you can continue to use your Bell service for those 30 days, and that will serve as your 30 days notice to Bell.