spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Copzilla$
Mmm... Donuts
join:2000-10-10
Friendswood, TX

Copzilla$

Post fake email addresses... everyone play!

On my web site I have obscure web pages similar to Justin's pages that were baited. My web pages have a thousand email addresses buried in a couple hundred nonsensical copied and pasted bullcrap html pages. I change the email addresses out periodically... It's easy! Just do a search and replace for @crazydomainname.com and change it to @othercrazyname.com, and viola! A fresh batch of bait.

Do I get spidered? Sure! But it's a warm fuzzy knowing that along with my one good email address, they acquired a thousand bounces. If everyone played, this would screw the spiders.

pvale
Lurk, Lurk, Lurk,They Call Me The Lurker
join:2000-03-29
Washington, MO

pvale

I just D/Led my Spamcop blacklist and put it on a test page on a server I'm putting up. That'll get them, all of those addresses are spammers. Wonder what the spambots look for specifically, a mailto tag, or the @ and parse forwards and backwards to a space.

Copzilla$
Mmm... Donuts
join:2000-10-10
Friendswood, TX

Copzilla$

If you have all the addresses on one page, most spam spiders will bypass that list. The reason is because it suspects a baited page.

You have to put like 5 or less addresses per page in order to get maximum impact, and then link to them in a series.