share rss forum feed

Johnny
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA
kudos:2

[request] Moved Posts

When a post or group of posts is deleted, the message left sometimes says something like "has been moved to a different thread:", followed by a link.

The link is to the Post Jail, which of course means that it was a waste of time clicking it.

If it's to the Post Jail, just say "deleted" and don't put a link. Thank you for your attention.

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

Re: Moved Posts

I kind of like hitting a link and visiting Post Jail once in a while.
It lets those posts know that while they may have misbehaved, someone is aware that they still exist, even though they don't, and that they haven't entirely been forgotten, even though they usually have.

Someday, there may even be a Post Jail Forum, where every slur, every rant, every insult-- yea, even every screaming, maniacal, senseless, capitalized, misspelled and improperly grammatized screed ever proffered on these pages, is open for inspection to those who dare tread into that space.

I get a bit misty-eyed just thinking about it.

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
join:2000-12-29
Channel Z
kudos:6
reply to Johnny

Some times the move is because a new Topic was started in a thread that had been ongoing and the new Topic was moved to the forum as a Topic thread of its own.

But those that have been moved to Post Jail do leave a link that is useless to the user. If I have time in my forums I edit it as the message is clear enough of what has happened.

Don't know if this can be done with out a lot of coding hassle though.

--
Here's To You

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to AB

said by AB:

Someday, there may even be a Post Jail Forum, where every slur, every rant, every insult-- yea, even every screaming, maniacal, senseless, capitalized, misspelled and improperly grammatized screed ever proffered on these pages, is open for inspection to those who dare tread into that space.

That already exists, it's called newsgroups.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Johnny

I questioned the logic of sending us on "wild goose" chases some time ago, too. It doesn't make any sense to reference a forum there is no access to for the casual member. I agree, wholeheartedly, that if a post was removed, just say so. End of story!
*sign*
--
Alcohol kills germs! Stay drunk... Stay healthy!