All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

illsthandlez
@verizon.net

illsthandlez to lorennerol

Anon

to lorennerol

Re: Ethernet over Copper (Hatteras and Sonicwall TZ 180)

I believe I have tried it with a regular cable with 10 Mbps Full Duplex and it was the same result. If i try it with 100 Mbps Full Duplex, there is no link.

I tried to connect a Dlink router to it and since there are no link speed option, i'm assuming it's on auto? Somehow it's selecting 100 Mbps and i'm getting no connection with Dlink.
ArcAngel
Premium Member
join:2010-12-09
Charleston, WV

ArcAngel

Premium Member

How is the Hatteras unit handing out ip addresses, if it is via dhcp you may need to reset the unit to get the new device to pull an ip or is it being done by static?

illsthandlez
@verizon.net

illsthandlez

Anon

My SonicWall is assigned a static IP address. Again, when I have my laptop connected to the Hatteras, the speed is 5/5. but when it's connected to my SonicWall, it's 4/1! I can't figure it out!
ArcAngel
Premium Member
join:2010-12-09
Charleston, WV

ArcAngel

Premium Member

I would contact sonic wall support, since this seems to be a problem with the tz180 you could setup a small machine with pfSense or m0n0wall that will do everything your sonic wall is running.

Have you tried disabling all non essential features in the tz180?
Are you connecting via wireless to the tz180 or via ethernet to the tz180 to your laptop?

roboto
@charter.com

roboto

Anon

Your deep packet inspection firewall Sonicwall TZ 180 may not have the processing power to handle the higher bandwidth (just a guess). Do you have another router/firwall to try on the connection?
roboto

roboto

Anon

I forgot to mention that the Hatteras equipment on your site can be configured to generate traffic towards you Sonicwall TZ 180. If the connection is 10Mbps/full, it can generate 10/Mbps of bandwidth toward you. If you can capture the rate on your side of the TZ, you might be able to tell if it is slowing things down in the downstream direction.