Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH

Something to try

Your connection likely is fine between you and CBT. However, if you're trying to visit sites with heavy traffic during peak hours you're going to see slow speeds (YouTube for example).

You should see what speed you are trained at (log into the Westell, if that's what you have). Also do speedtests to CBT's speedtest server at different times and keep a log.

»speedtest.zoomtown.com/speedtest/

If you're getting erratic speeds between you and CBT there could be an issue somewhere along the connection path. You should bring that to their attention and insist further investigation if that's the case.

attitude pro

@cinbell.com

or check your security software,as sometimes it can affect the internet connection..

pp1r

join:2011-01-04
Hamilton, OH

I agree. I get poor performance 1mb/s or less during peak times. Only started happening since post Thanksgiving though. I have done tests all hrs. of the day. Post 3am until about 2-3pm its usually good (better than 3mb/s).

I have run the Zoomtown test (which only tests to their head) and Speedtest.net test and DSL report test. DSL Reports and Speed Test.net usually are close to each other . Zoomtown is always high. BUT, when they are slow (less than 1mb/s they are all less than that).

Over 3 weeks since I have been calling "tech" support and no one seems to know whats wrong. Have another "line tech" or whatever scheduled to some out on the 12th. Post that if the connection is still all over the place I'll have to get another provider.

Simple trace routes and the line test from DSL report show that there is a core router loosing 30% of the packets but Cinci bell ensures me that is not the problem and it must be in my line.

okey dokey

imidazol97

join:2006-12-07
Englewood, OH
reply to DeathK

If you are in Montgomery Cty, you are not on CinBell's lines. Your lines are provided by another carrier or central office. Parts are Frontier (nee Verizon) owned. CinBell pays them to carry the DSL over their copper.

Keep running the line quality tests on dslreports here to see where the slowdown steps are in the ping times.

I'm on a Frontier central office and the slowdown at times is a Fuse switch step or server which is Zoomtown's old name.

pp1r

join:2011-01-04
Hamilton, OH

same here. my slowdown is at:

4 * 86 ms 20 ms 10ge1-4.sw2.core.fuse.net [216.68.7.204]

Is this by chance the same switch you are having issues with?

bigtomstud84

join:2011-01-22

I've had this same problem since Oct. 2010 I live in Eastgate Woods and I've ran multiple tracert's and this switch is the same one I've had problems with. Cinbell says that that switch prioritizes all traffic over ICMP thats why it looks to be loosing packets and times out during traces. I don't believe it but what can we do. I've had 10 techs to my place and the last one said that if moving me from one circuit to another to just move that would be the only way to fix my problem.

10ge1-2.sw2.core.fuse.net 47%

This is a line test I ran back at the end of Jan. but yep nothing wrong here.