spc
uniqs
Dave_DFW
join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX

Dave_DFW to chamberc

to chamberc

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

The rate notice I received showed a reduction in the price of cablecards and an increase in either basic service or premiums. The changes should wash out for me--I'll have the same bill.

Tivo has been screwing around with its rate plans for years--I don't know why they think it's in their best interest to keep potential customers confused.

Through the end of January, Premieres are $99 each but are locked into a $19.99 monthly rate for one year. You can get them for $0 up front (I think) if you commit to $19.99 for two years.

Almost any way you analyze it, Tivo will never be the cheaper option.

TTYL
David
Dave_DFW

1 edit

Dave_DFW

Wow, TWC sure doesn't make the pricing information easy to find! I don't have the paper copy handy, but this looks like what I received:

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· llas.pdf

For those of you with TWC DVRs--I assume you have to sum the "DVR converter," "DVR Service," and "cablecard" to get a total price?

TTYL
David

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by Dave_DFW:

Wow, TWC sure doesn't make the pricing information easy to find! I don't have the paper copy handy, but this looks like what I received:

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· llas.pdf

For those of you with TWC DVRs--I assume you have to sum the "DVR converter," "DVR Service," and "cablecard" to get a total price?

TTYL
David

Almost, it's just the DVR converter and Service, not the cable cards. $16.98 a month per box.
Dave_DFW
join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX

Dave_DFW

Hmm, so the pdf I found lists only the old rates?

TTYL
David