All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
jtltke137
join:2009-02-28

jtltke137 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

This is what I received in a letter. I have paperless statements.

Dear sucker,

In the near future, you will see a rate increase reflected on your Time Warner Cable statement. We want you to know the reasons for this increase.

The new rates are the result of higher programming costs, the development of innovative new features, and continued investment in our infrastructure and network.

Please see the attached rate information grid for more detail. We appreciate your business and continually strive to provide you with new, advanced technology that is simple, easy and enjoyable to use.

We off more HD Channels than ever before, and endless options with Primetime On Demand. And of course, spectacular new 3DTV.

Plus, we provide incredibly fast internet with Road Runner High Speed Online, and VoiceZone which can give you control of you Digital Home Phone from your PC.

We are happy to answer any questions you might have about your service or your bill. Please review your billing statement carefully and feel free to contact us via phone 877-245-9341 or online timewarnercable.com/dallas/support.

Thanks you again for your loyalty as a Time Warner Cable customer. We truly appreciate the opportunity to server you.

Sincerely,

Time Warner Cable

The back of the letter has the increase.

Please refer to the chart below for important information on price adjustments. Rates are effective February 1, 2011 and will be reflected on your February statement.

If you're currently receiving a promotional discount price you will continue to get that rate until the end of the promotional period. At that time, the below rates will apply.

Digital Cable +$4.00
HD DVR +$2.00

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

So if I have price lock I wont see changes until it expires? If so good.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by motorola870:

So if I have price lock I wont see changes until it expires? If so good.

Not sure if price lock applies to the package and equipment or just packages.

In any case, mine read similar but instead of Digital Cable + $4.00 mine read All Access TV + 4.00.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

do you have price lock chamberc?

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by motorola870:

do you have price lock chamberc?

Nope.
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

I have price lock, which went into effect in December somewhere.

I also have my own equipment (TiVo), the only "equipment" I have from TWC is one Cable Card, which according to what I read is going down in price from $2.95 to $2.50 a month.

Oh, and the tuning adapter, but that's a zero charge item anyway.
rrldtx6
join:2006-07-21
Dallas, TX

rrldtx6

I have a price lock, so only my STB/DVR charges are going up by $1/mo each...for now anyway.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Click for full size
channel changes 1st notices for january 2011
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

DFW "Non Stop"? Is that just a rename, with the content being the same?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

no KXAS is dropping the weather radar for news and local programming.

Also it looks like something is changing regarding the on screen guide there is a new vod barker on 93-3 that is full screen and is not compatible with iguide so it looks like they might be starting the testing of Navigator on our TWC system.

TWC has showed the motorola DCX platform with Navigator for Multiroom viewing at a the cable show in 2010.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

Found this about DFW NonStop.

»www.nbcdfw.com/station/a ··· 389.html