dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

illsthanlez to cramer

Anon

to cramer

Re: Ethernet over Copper (Hatteras and Sonicwall TZ 180)

I put a switch in the middle of the hatteras and the Sonicwall, with the SonicWall using Auto Nego and it's getting around 5/5!

Illesthandle

Anon

I'm not sure if it's becuase I have a standard switch between the hatteras and Sonicwall, but the quality of service is not so good. During normal traffic, when I do a continuous ping to www.google.com, I would get a consistently timeout every 20 or so pings. The ping request time is usually ~10 ms which is good.

Additionally when I was downloading something remotely from the server (which is on the speakeasy line), it was destroying the download bandwidth for the speaskeasy line while the upload speed was around 2 meg.

If I was downloading something on speakeasy line, I should be using the upload bandwidth right but is it rendering the download speed to a point that it is unuseable. When this happens and I ping www.google.com, I would get one or two timeout every 10 pins and the response time goes up to 50 and 100 ms.

Any ideas? Speakeasy support is of no help.
ArcAngel
Premium Member
join:2010-12-09
Charleston, WV

ArcAngel

Premium Member

I would change out the sonicwall, and go with a differnt type of router Maybe a Cisco or setup a old machine as a router/firewall.

I think this may be your issue.