badd
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR

1 recommendation

badd

Premium Member

[ID?] Getting to know you part 2

Last year or the year before a similar thread was posted here and I am thinking we should update it.
I will start by tagging someone and they will introduce themselves and tell as much about their life as they see fit.
A picture would also be nice. That person will then tag the next person of their choice and notify them by IM.
I tag KittyMom to start.

Kathy_9
Premium Member
join:2005-05-15
Cloud 9

4 recommendations

Kathy_9

Premium Member

Why, oh why do I have to be first??? badd. . . badd. . . badd!!

Okay, my real first name is Kathy (short for Kathleen), which some of you already know and a lot of my friends have just shortened it even further to Kat. And, that's okay with me since I love cats.

I am owned by a male cat named Kordell Walker Tigger (named after Cordell Walker, Texas Ranger not Kordell Stewart, former Steelers WR/QB). I threw Tigger in because I liked that name too. My Kordell spells his name with a "K" because that's how I spell my name. There are a couple pictures of him in my gallery.

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh but my job took me to Cleveland for a "short" 21 year detour. Cleveland is an interesting city, very flat and much easier to find your way around than Pittsburgh. It's kind of hard to miss Lake Erie, so you always know which direction is north and once you know where north is, the other directions just fall into place.

I'm happy to say I'm back in the "burg" because there really is no place like home. While in Cleveland, I somehow managed to lose my Pittsburgh accent but I do slip now and then and call a creek a crick and a rubber band will always be a gum band to me.

I don't by any stretch of the imagination consider myself a photographer, although I did work for one while in high school, but I do love to mess with images. My weapon of choice is Paint Shop Pro. In addition to imaging, I love to read.

That's about it for me, so I think I'll tag the Brownie Queen. . . jaykaykay.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

1 edit

7 recommendations

jaykaykay to badd

MVM

to badd
Not much different for me than when I responded last time, but having not looked at that thread in some time, I forgot what I said. I will let you all decide if anything has changed.

I grew up in the Midwest, land of cold and snow, Summers so short that if you blinked you'd miss them, mosquitoes so large they could be ridden, and in short, a place I am most happy to be away from. I grew up being a total 'jock' spending most of my time, even throughout much of my adulthood, enjoying all things athletic. I also grew up with a camera in my hand, starting with a Brownie Box Camera. My father had a darkroom in our basement, and I spent many a joyful hour there, learning from him.

While indulging in athletics, I also compromised my body way too much, being an active part of all things male. There was no such thing as organized, female sport's teams when I was in my prime. I also dabbled in painting and lots of other art work but only for fun and relaxation...just as I do now. With all the years of doing things to and with my body that wasn't supposed to be, I finally succumbed to many operations and then a knee replacement. That was followed by a hip replacement, and that was followed by major repair to my back which is still disintegrating.

I did work for some time in the field of education in an Adapted PE program in a large, elementary district in our State. Of course, that was most interesting in that I continued to learn about people, young ones, through serving some of those who could not manage a regular classroom experience. Adapted PE was in its early conception at the time, but it still works the same way and is part of a school curriculum that allows a child a different experience that ultimately helps them back in the classroom. At the time, I worked in a pool/gym setting with lots of hugging and things that many of the kids in the program never had at home. When too much time was taken up by Federal rules and paperwork, I went back to my roots, more athletics. I played racquetball!

Presently, due to being mostly immobile, I was finally talked into trying a digital camera by one of our old time DSLReports members, Climbers. Thanks to him, I am once again enjoying photography and learning all over again. (My father would be in heaven to be around these days. What fun he and I would be sharing once more.) While I will never be a pro, I enjoy my work being used in a business owned by my daughter. I would enjoy the photography even just for myself, which more often than not, it is. And I continue to learn here and on other sites.

Life is good though a whole lot shorter than it used to be. Now, I shall tag SueS.
49528867 (banned)
join:2010-04-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

3 recommendations

49528867 (banned)

said by jaykaykay:

While I will never be a pro, I enjoy my work being used in a business owned by my daughter.

Pardon my interruption, I have observed your work over the years and it is well into the level of what I and I am sure many others consider professional.

Wayne

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
USA

1 recommendation

jaykaykay

MVM

Everyone loves a compliment! Thank you. Have you had your eyes checked lately. But, thank you again so much.

SueS
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

5 recommendations

SueS to badd

Premium Member

to badd
Thank you Jaykaykay for your interest, but I am a very private person. I have spent my life in the middle of the country. I get to enjoy four seasons. I like mountains, but we cant have everything.

I have always been interested in art and design, and come from an artistic family. I have done some painting, but I prefer the camera, it is easy art for me. I never did anything with film. Composition is easy for me, as I see when things are in balance or off balance. The technical part of photography is hard for me.

Other hobbies I have played at are sewing, crochet, decorating, and reading. I have never understood how anyone could not have a hobby.

I am tagging Downtheshore

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

4 recommendations

DownTheShore to badd

Premium Member

to badd
What to say, what to say?

New Jersey born and bred; people on those reality shows set in NJ are really transplanted New Yorkers or the children of the same - they have no connection to the reality of being a New Jerseyan, and they annoy me to no end.

I'm a doting aunt, and a older sister who's a font of wisdom. ~doubling over with laughter at the thought of my siblings' reaction to that~ I'm entranced by all things electronic - always have been. I am a compulsive reader - you know, the type that adores instruction manuals and who reads all the adverts on the paper placemats at a diner.

Count me as another person always interested in art and design, especially architecture. My nephew told me that I'm the only person he knows who always looks up at buildings. I've taken pictures all of my life but I'll be the first to admit I'm a lousy photographer; I can spot the Kodak Moment but I always snap the moment after the perfect moment. I've decided to view that as a real talent. But I can appreciate the art and skill of others, and take great enjoyment from it.

I never even thought of editing images until I started playing on the Artify and Creative Expressions thread, and I'm constantly amazed at how much I've learned in just a few years - and how much there still is to learn. The funny thing is, I still don't bother to edit my own images.

I am tagging Santa Fe.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

3 edits

3 recommendations

Santa Fe to badd

to badd
So this is the Digital Imaging Forum? Too bad all I own is a Film camera.

This sounds like an AA meeting, "Hi, I'm Craig and I'm a CE addict" I really can't STAND trains (Just kidding). Really I've built many an HO & O Gauge model railroad setup in my life, but living in a apartment leaves no room for one now.

Born in Culver City ca (home of MGM), finally ended up in Springfield MO after stops in a fer states because my dad was a contractor who worked at several MinuteMan bases.

Currently a manager at a local Video arcade, which can be fun & aggravating at the same time.

Well, guess I'll tag Gunga Din See Profile next.

And since someone is complaining about no photos.....

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

1 recommendation

badd

Premium Member

Did everyone miss or are you all ignoring the A picture would be nice. A picture of yourself not some arbitrary photo.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by badd:

A picture would be nice.

+1

Gunga Din
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Bellmore, NY

5 recommendations

Gunga Din to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
My name is Gary, I am 54 years old and I don't post in here much as I am into the graphic end but one day will get into the photography end a bit more. I grew up in Long Beach N.Y. and spent many years in the construction trade. I was getting tired of the work and got a job 14 years ago as a potable water plant operator and love my newer job and its responsibilities. I have leave now and go spank DownTheShore See Profile for claiming that those reality shows in NJ are really transplanted New Yorkers or the children of the same.

I tag Chuck22 See Profile also known as Chatty Chuck.

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
Beautiful NJ

1 recommendation

DownTheShore

Premium Member

said by Gunga Din:

I have leave now and go spank DownTheShore See Profile

Not.

~grin~

Actually, I can't post any images of myself. I don't have any digital ones, and my scanner doesn't work with my current computer.

I shall have to remain A Woman Of Mystery.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

1 recommendation

Coma

Premium Member

said by DownTheShore:

Actually, I can't post any images of myself. I don't have any digital ones, and my scanner doesn't work with my current computer.

Maybe, but I still smell BS.

I shall have to remain A Woman Of Mystery.

Translation: . . . all the pictures I have freak me out.

Chuck22
Premium Member
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT

2 recommendations

Chuck22 to Gunga Din

Premium Member

to Gunga Din
I'm called by the name of Chuck. "Chatty" (inside joke I think) aside, I am still only 74 years young (for another three months, then the "old" begins), and am retired from commercial art (illustration and graphic design from the days before computer and digital imaging) and printing (lithography and flexography). Am limited in getting out and about to do any photography, but do enjoy digital image manipulation (humorous and serious).

Tagging Locutus65 See Profile next...

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium Member
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX

2 edits

3 recommendations

Locutus65 to badd

Premium Member

to badd
Howdy all.
Well, I'm 45 years old, married with 6 children (5 girls, 1 boy) and 1 grandson with another on the way.
I live in Houston with my wonderful wife. I'm originally from Kansas and have been in Houston 3 years. No, I do not miss winter.
Photography has been a hobby since I got my first camera when I was 10 (old Kodak Brownie). I've yet to make the transition to DSLR mostly due to funds but I do have fun with my Kodak Easyshare.
I love editing photos, I'm not the greatest at it but I do have fun. My preferred program is Paint Shop Pro (I have Adobe Photoshop CS3 but just like PSP better)
My wife and I are avid fishermen (made a trip to Bass Pro just today). Love to fish the Gulf of Mexico.
I'm a veteran. 2 years Kansas Army National Guard as a Combat Engineer and 4 years USAF as an aircraft refueling spec. Spent 2 1/2 years at Ramstein AB, Germany. Some day I'll get all the 35mm film shots I took while there scanned in.
My professional life is IT. I've been using computers since 1979 and have been making a living out of it since 2000 including owning my own computer business.
Well, that's enough rambling for now.

Nice redfish

I'm tagging GeekGirl1 next

GeekGirl1
Premium Member
join:2007-01-28
Morrisville, PA

3 recommendations

GeekGirl1

Premium Member

Thanks. Like DownTheShore, I'll remain mostly a Mystery Woman. I would prefer not to post any pictures of myself. Bad attitude? No, I have an employer that data mines every bit of the internet for any association between me and my employer. I also like to remain somewhat private.

I'm born, bred, and live in the Philadelphia PA (Philly) area. I've been interested in photography since high school, which was back in the early 70's. I started out with a Haminex Praktica TL SLR, developing Tri-X.

My interests have always been with nature, structure, and geometry. Any critter that skitters across the floor, or I encounter outside, is fair game. I really love nature and attempt to capture those beautiful outdoor experiences.

I have very little interest in photographing people, which is why I probably have next to no pictures of myself- only by accident because someone else took the picture.

I'll tag usa2k See Profile next.

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
Beautiful NJ

1 recommendation

DownTheShore to Coma

Premium Member

to Coma
said by Coma:

Maybe, but I still smell BS.

Actually, truth. I'm the one who takes the pictures in my family, so there are very few pictures of me after my childhood years.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

2 recommendations

Coma

Premium Member

said by DownTheShore:

Actually, truth. I'm the one who takes the pictures in my family, so there are very few pictures of me after my childhood years.

. . . and no mirrors in your house ?

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium Member
Houston, TX

Locutus65

Premium Member

said by Coma:

said by DownTheShore:

Or a tripod and timer

BTW, my pic is kinda crappy cause it was taken with a cell phone. But I really like the fish

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by Locutus65:

I really like the fish

Me too but shouldn't that be in the past tense ?

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium Member
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

Locutus65

Premium Member

said by Coma:

said by Locutus65:

I really like the fish

Me too but shouldn't that be in the past tense ?

Nah, he's still swimming out there in the Gulf. Had to put him back.

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to Coma

Premium Member

to Coma
said by Coma:

Then you'd just see a picture of a head with a camera in front of it.

I don't own a tripod, and no, I'm not stacking up a pile of books.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by DownTheShore:

Then I would assume you have no hands either.

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

1 recommendation

badd to DownTheShore

Premium Member

to DownTheShore
said by DownTheShore:

said by Coma:

You also said your scanner is not working...you local Walmart will be glad to scan your photos on put the digital files on a dvd for you.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

1 recommendation

usa2k to GeekGirl1

MVM

to GeekGirl1
Huh

I'm a Canadian - been living in the USA since '96.
usa2k was the first domain I bought in 2000.
Picture: »[Chat] Grand Kids are so great!

I'll tag Dominokat See Profile

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

2 recommendations

Dominokat

Premium Member

Well this is different and very unexpected!
I am a native "Mainer" born and (mostly) raised here.
I first stumbled on to BBR when I was using DirecWay (Now Hughesnet) looking for help with that. Now I no longer use that service. But as I prowled this sight, I found some forums that grabbed my attention. I discovered »Digital Imaging and Photography, which prompted me to post my very first "edit" of an image. ( »/showp ··· 7431&1=1 )

Since then, I have been playing with "C/E" in »Graphics

It is fun to play and manipulate images!
So now, I pass the baton to .... to be determined!

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

badd

Premium Member

SantaFe has already been tagged choose someone else.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

Dominokat

Premium Member

Lets try this again .............. It is fun to play and manipulate images!
So now, I pass the baton to .... caffeinator See Profile

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

4 recommendations

Santa Fe to badd

to badd
Click for full size
said by badd:

SantaFe has already been tagged choose someone else.

Yeah, and I STILL haven't been able to get it off!

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
USA

2 recommendations

jaykaykay to badd

MVM

to badd
said by badd:

said by DownTheShore:

said by Coma:

You also said your scanner is not working...you local Walmart will be glad to scan your photos on put the digital files on a dvd for you.

Hey! You may have started this thread, but that does not mean an automatic escape clause! We keep hearing you yell for images. How about yours and something about you.