uniqs

badd
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR

badd

Premium Member

Re: [ID?] Getting to know you part 2

Looks like everyone I have thought to tag are afraid to post things about themselves on the internet. Any volunteers?
badd

badd

Premium Member

Looks like who ever lcdguy tagged isn't going to post so I have tagged someone and await their reply.
lcdguy
join:2008-01-17

2 recommendations

lcdguy to badd

to badd
Obviously lcdguy is not my real name. That is Mike. I am a late 20's IT worker by day and an amateur photographer by night. I also love to play around with technology of all kinds. I have been shooting for around 5 years so far as a hobby. I have had mostly digital camera's. I am currently in the capital of the Great White North.

As for other interests. I have been playing piano on and off for around 10 years and I also have an interest in movies and Remote Control models. (real models not those toys you get from radio shack).

I am also into video games (PC, Wii and PS3). I currently loathe any computers from Apple but love my Ipod Touch and Ipad Gen1

Here is the gear I have currently and have had in the past in order.

HP Photosmart DC215
Minolta Dimage Z1
Canon S3 IS
Canon Rebel XT
Canon S90 IS
Canon 50d

I also shoot with the following lens' and accessories

Canon 70-200mm F/4 L
Canon 17-85mm F/5.6 IS (kit)
Canon 50mm MKII F/1.8
Sigma 10-20mm F/5.6 Wide Angle
Sigma 28-135mm 1:2 F/5.6 Macro
Canon Speedlight 580EX II Flash
Skywatcher 6" Newtonian reflector (750mm) Telescope

You can view a gallery of my work at »proteous.dyndns.org which i host my self which will prove my IT geekery

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

badd

Premium Member

Tagged so far
KittyMom, Jkk. SueS, DowntheShore. Santa Fe
Gunga Din, Chuck22, Locutus65, GeekGirl1
usa2k, Dominokat, JRSlater, Badd, Coma, Ccat
krazyboi, Toodee2, Egeezer, Dream Killer, Drew
sonar riley, Dexter. Rdavis, Pistolpete, nklb
tmpchao, rusdi.,Gooiool, Channel one
Jodokast96, Wayne GphF, Rcroning, Pastormt
Charlie Brown, Bostechie, Rockhounds_5
Richdelb, Exit, Davisphotog, Robs440, WyrdSister
Mhhack, Bfreas, Paula
badd

badd to Paula

Premium Member

to Paula
That is some amazing work Paula you are so talented.

Paula
Premium Member
join:2000-10-12
Grand Rapids, MI

4 recommendations

Paula to badd

Premium Member

to badd
Hi, my name is Paula. Most of you probably don't know me because I don't talk much but I have been here almost every day for 11 years. That's when I got my first computer.

I have lived in Grand Rapids, Michigan all my life. I am married and have 2 grown children and 6 grand children. My 2 sisters live here as well, as do their kids and grand kids. So we have 10 little ones to dote on and 1 more on the way. We all live within a mile of one another for which we are so thankful. I bake and share eight loves of bread twice a week , sometimes more, and hundreds of cookies. I really love to cook and bake.

So, by day I'm a cookie baking grandmother (actually I'm a Mimi) but my real love is Photoshop. I used to do a lot of photography with an old Argus and a Leica but after I got a computer I became hooked on photo restoration and manipulation and I love doing it.

I belong to Worth1000.com which is a great place for learning and competing with photo effects and photography and writing. You photographers should check it out. There are people there whose work will blow your mind. But there are also people of all skill levels. The link below is to my portfolio. I hope it works. It will give you an idea of what we do there.

click on "slideshow" at the top left:
»fx.worth1000.com/slidesh ··· 636/auto

If the first one doesn't work try this one:

»fx.worth1000.com/artists ··· tfolio/1

bfreas
Premium Member
join:2001-06-16
Franklin, KY

bfreas to badd

Premium Member

to badd
That's cool....I'm not having any luck finding someone anyway.

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

badd

Premium Member

It has been awhile since bfrase has been on the site so I have tagged someone and waiting on their reply or post.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma to Charliebrown5

Premium Member

to Charliebrown5
said by Charliebrown5:

bfreas See Profile Have a very Happy Birthday (half Century) on Saturday, and many happy returns.

+1

Charliebrown5
Smile Its Nearly Friday
Premium Member
join:2001-07-17
Australia

Charliebrown5 to badd

Premium Member

to badd
I will be the first to jump in say bfreas See Profile Have a very Happy Birthday (half Century) on Saturday, and many happy returns.

bfreas
Premium Member
join:2001-06-16
Franklin, KY

1 edit

2 recommendations

bfreas to badd

Premium Member

to badd
Well, looks like I got the tap from mhhack. I'm surprised that mhhack thought of me to tag since I don't post here much anymore. I figure that there's a lot of folks here these days that know a lot more than I do about taking pictures, so I read more than talk

Anyway, I live in a small town in south central KY. Was born here, raised here and will probably die here just like my great-great-great-great-grandfather did in 1833. I've been in the commercial printing industry for 32 years doing jobs for JC Penney, Kohls, Sears, LL Bean, CVS and all those other newspaper stuffers. My official job title is Color Analyst and I'm responsible for getting the color right. A lot of our work now is getting a match of a printed book to a calibrated monitor.

In my spare time I'm a dad of two and a grandad of one. Like anything outdoors and in the woods, especially if it involves a camera Used to hunt and fish a lot, but find myself preferring the camera to the gun these days. Still go after turkeys in the spring. Also been a gym rat for the last 15 years. Lots of sore joints now that I'm 49 but can still bench press 400!

The photo is me with my first camera, probably around 1973. I'll be turning the big 5-0 this Saturday.

Anyone want to volunteer to be next? If I don't get a response by this time tomorrow I'll see what I can do about drafting someone!

Edit: Waiting on a reply....
49528867 (banned)
join:2010-04-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 recommendation

49528867 (banned) to 29886823

to 29886823
said by 29886823:

Photography was an early hobby for me, both 35mm and 2 1/4 square, and some of you will remember Federal enlargers, and Weston Master exposure meters.

A Weston Master III and yes it still works, no batteries required either.

Wayne
29886823 (banned)
join:2005-03-29

1 edit

4 recommendations

29886823 (banned) to badd

to badd

Probably 70 years ago
Hi - I'm surprised that some of you consider me a member of DI at all. I was born and have lived in NYC for some 78 years, probably making me the oldest member here. I can remember developing and printing my first images right after WWII, and remember sun developing kits even before that. Photography was an early hobby for me, both 35mm and 2 1/4 square, and some of you will remember Federal enlargers, and Weston Master exposure meters. It wasn't until I got married, 51 years ago, that I got my first 'real' Nikon, a model F, followed by a couple of additional lenses, all of which were put to use taking mostly pictures of my three sons, the kind I usually object to seeing here in the gallery (I've always considered them personal, and not to be publicly displayed). For a while I used a Bronica, but gave it up as too cumbersome.
When we could afford it, we took trips to Europe, where I really began to have an interest in photographing 'places', which has remained with me to this day. As you may have gleaned over the years I've been here, the Gallery for me is a place to post the best I can, and seeing some bad imagery here still makes my blood boil, but nowhere to the degree it used to (live and let live). One of my real pleasures here is to see Galleries I haven't seen before and to discover more and more great images, especially those that lead me to try to emulate them in my own way.

I'll drop an IM to Bon Scott as my 'tag'.

WyrdSister
Premium Member
join:2003-05-18
Hamilton, ON

4 recommendations

WyrdSister to badd

Premium Member

to badd
Hi Folks!

My name is Deb and I live just outside of Toronto, Ontario and am a native Canadian ( I have a toque to prove it). I've spent several years in IT and was also employed in advertising as a traffic manager, sometimes responsible for graphic design and video rendering.

As a teenager, I became interested in photography when friends and I would take long Sunday drives, capturing things we would see along the way. I drifted away from photography when I became interested in web design and I still do some design as side projects for extra money from time to time. Photoshop CS4 is my weapon of choice for graphics, Premiere Pro for video and Flash for fun of all kinds. I am slowly getting back into photography as well but am undecided on my next camera purchase.

I love looking at all of the amazing contributions in the Artify and CE threads and contribute when I can. I'm not sure who to tag next, maybe 29886823 See Profile?

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

badd

Premium Member

Looks like TigerNutz is still ILL so I have tagged Wyrdsister for next.
she should post soon.

robs440
Premium Member
join:2003-06-26
Orlando, FL

robs440 to 49528867

Premium Member

to 49528867
my works not good enough to justify the expense

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

1 edit

1 recommendation

badd

Premium Member

Looks like TigerNutz decided not to post after all Anyone care to tag someone? He has been Ill but will post soon.
Tagged and replied so far..
Charlie Brown, Bostechie, Rockhounds_5
Richdelb, Exit, Davisphotog, Robs440
49528867 (banned)
join:2010-04-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 recommendation

49528867 (banned) to robs440

to robs440
said by robs440:

I still have a Yashica 35MM SLR in the closet I break out once or twice a year for certain car shows, but haven’t found a decent developer here. My my how times have changed!

If you don't mind mailing your work these folks are great.

»www.dalelabs.com/

Wayne

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

badd

Premium Member

TigerNuutz has been tagged and should post soon.

robs440
Premium Member
join:2003-06-26
Orlando, FL

2 recommendations

robs440 to badd

Premium Member

to badd
Well I’m not much of one for giving info over the internet but let's see what we can do.

Used to live in the mountains most of my life, now I am living in the unbelievably humid south east. I was a working mechanic for years on cars, trucks, and heavy equipment back in the good old days. but working as an automotive consultant for several years now, which for obvious reason means using the hell out of a camera. unfortunately the various companies i work for are more interested in photo documenting damage and wear, and getting it down quickly...and small enough that it doesn’t slow down their servers, since there is about 500 guys across the country also doing it. I sometimes get an interesting job, and go out of my way to take the shots the way i want regardless of the way the company wants them!

But i get the weekends to take decent stuff, with an occasion to shoot something unusual during the day while out on the road such as gators sitting across the parking lot from me or a frog hiding in the back of an SUV. Sometimes however i think i need another memory card just for that so i don’t mix them up with my work shots!

I still have a Yashica 35MM SLR in the closet I break out once or twice a year for certain car shows, but haven’t found a decent developer here. I used the hell out of that thing when I first started this job in 1991; you know….back in the BDC dinosaur days (Before Digital Cameras). But in those days I needed more than 12 exposures and less than 24. I’m sure you old timers remember film rolls sold that way! I found a local retailer that sold custom made rolls cut in 18, 27, and 39 exposure rolls. The 18s were awesome for my job back then. Now a days most customer want a minimum of 30 shots, and we use an internet enabled PDA to upload the shots right from the job sight.

My my how times have changed!

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

1 recommendation

badd

Premium Member

Since no one had volunteered I have tagged Robs440 and waiting to hear back from him.

SurfTheSky
Flyingphotog
MVM
join:2001-08-26
Fairfax, CA

1 edit

4 recommendations

SurfTheSky to Exit

MVM

to Exit
Click for full size
Piloting.
Click for full size
Self portrait
Alright, I'm Andrew, 24, and from the San Francisco Bay Area. I too have lived in several countries, including South Korea, Canada, and France. I only just got back last week from spending a year in South Korea teaching English.

I began doing photography about 10 years ago. My first digital camera was a Canon Powershot G2 and my first film SLR was a Minolta SRT-201. Since then, I've owned a number of DSLRs including the original Digital Rebel, Canon 20D, Nikon D40, Canon 40D, and now the 1D Mark III. My first paid assignment was in 2003 and I've made money doing photography ever since then.

My work in photography includes numerous print publications including the California Aggie, California Beat, Groove Magazine (Seoul), and Good Morning Incheon (another Korea magazine). I worked for several years as an aerial photographer and co-pilot around the same time I was shooting and writing for the California Aggie. I am a licensed pilot, though not current. Just need to scrape together the cash to get my bi-annual flight review and some additional training.

Currently I consider myself more or less a freelance photographer, though my dream is to really get back into photojournalism and shoot full-time for a newspaper. I'm working with a friend to help get California Beat off the ground. He's already got a huge presence in California news but we're looking to notch it up even more and try to make a profitable business out of it. Helping to run a publication that I shoot for? A dream I hope to make come true.

Looks like the person I was going to tag, drew See Profile already gave his spiel. Any volunteers?

Exit

join:2001-04-10
Canada

3 recommendations

Exit to badd

to badd
Click for full size
Only photo I have on my laptop right now
Ok here goes

I'm Steve, 27 and I'm from the wintry north (Canada ). I've lived all over the world, and most recently spent 5 years in Europe where I really got hooked on photography. I joined DSLReports over 10 years ago to tweak my DSL, and a few years back found this part of the forums.

While I was living in Europe for school I was doing a lot of traveling and noticed I wasn't really happy with the photos I was getting with my little point and shoot camera. A few weeks later I ordered a brand new 20D and 17-85mm lens. Withing a few weeks of shooting with it I was hooked for life.

A few months went by and people started commenting on my photos. I got a call from a magazine asking if I'd cover an event for them and I said sure. That one event led to me eventually getting hired by the second largest newspaper in the country, and AFP for some time. I realized after a few years that news photography wasn't for me, and moved on to other things.

Now after quitting my computer related job near the end of last year I'm doing photography full time again. I'm currently on the lookout for a new live/work studio in downtown Toronto to call home base. At this point I'm mainly shooting commercial/product/advertising/people and a few weddings thrown in for good measure.

I just got a new (used) phase one back for my Mamiya RZ and I'm really loving the old school feel and mechanics of shooting with it.

Not sure what else to write about so I will tag SurfTheSky See Profile

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium Member
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL

2 edits

4 recommendations

richdelb to badd

Premium Member

to badd
My turn !!

Ok. Name is Rich Delboccio. I live in Northeast Illinois with my girlfriend of almost 7 years, her adult daughter, and our 2 1/2 year old Grandson (who keeps us all VERY busy, and has turned into the "Jewel" of my life) I also have 2 cats, which many of you have already seen several times.

I started off behind the camera very young with the old Kodak 110 cameras.

My first film camera was a Minolta Maxium (which I still have, but have not put film in in many years).

My digital pathway went from a Kodak DC series to the Canon Powershot G1. Once I got that G1 I became an official "Canon" person. Went from the G1 to the G3, then G5 before I got my first DSLR, the Rebel XT. I am currently shooting with a Canon T2i (which I LOVE)

I don't remember what brought my to these forums here at Dslreports.com, but I can say that I visit at least once a day, and have done so for a very long time. Mostly I lurk, read, and try to learn as much about photography as I can.

Shooting pictures is a hobby of mine. In my work life I work in IT support.

When I am not shooting or working (or playing with the kid) I am enjoying my other hobby of weather and weather forecasting (will this WINTER EVER END !@!)

Here is a shot of my and my grandson enjoying some hockey (another love of mine, and now his as well)

I don't get the time to shoot as much as I'd like and more with the kid around. (and let me tell you what many of you already know, kids are HARD to shoot pictures of....)

I spend a lot of time studying others shots, trying to learn to be a better shooter. I don't like to spend too much time in post processing, so unless I am working on panorama shots, or HDR, I try to get the shot right in the camera.

Lately I have been enjoying Macro, and am learning how to use focus stacking software. As spring approaches (if it ever gets here) I will go out hunting bugs. I REALLY enjoy those amazing macro shots of the bugs, and I'd like to try to learn that skill.

Well, I guess that's more then you knew before..

Rich

EDIT: I'll tag Exit next.

rockhounds_5
Premium Member
join:2004-07-29
Lewisville, TX

2 edits

5 recommendations

rockhounds_5 to badd

Premium Member

to badd
I was tagged by bostechie. I do believe that I participated in the original, but some things have changed since then. I'm Malcolm Jones. I was born in Charleston, SC in 1958, but moved away when I was 1 year old. We moved to St. Louis, MO, then New Orleans, LA, then to Monroe, LA, where I spent most of my childhood. After I graduated from college, I moved to Dallas, Texas to be close to the oil businesses.

Monroe was an idyllic place and time when kids could go out all day and parents would not be worried about them. We lived near lots of water and were always doing something. I took an early interest in photography when my Dad gave me his old German Baldax folding camera that I still have. He promised me if I took the photos, he would have the film developed. I don't think he had any idea how many rolls of film I would eventually shoot. It just dawned on me that my Dad was my inspiration to go into photography. He did do a lot of his own photography in the past, especially during his time in Europe and Japan during and after WWII. I'm looking to get those photos from my brother and scan them. There is a wealth of photos stored away - aging.

I married my sweetie, Pam, in 1984 at Ft. Belvoir, VA. We met here in the Dallas area as we both worked as geologists for an oil field service company - hence the name Rockhounds_5 (there are five of us now). We had two boys and a girl, Adam, Corey, and Erin. They are all adults now. Adam moved out a year ago, and Corey and Erin are attending college. Erin said she wanted to get away from us, but not too far, so she goes to school just south of us but stays on campus. Corey stayed here at home. There are many good schools here in the Metroplex and anybody can get a good education at any of the public schools ore one of the private schools.

I had major back surgery in 2004, 2007, and then again in 2008. I've not been pain free ever since. I struggle on a daily basis with my pain, and it makes photography a secondary thing.

In 2010, we lost my mother and my father-in-law. My father-in-law was buried at Arlington National Cemetery with full honors and it was very emotional for both of us coming from families that have long histories in the United States. My mother's family (Pinckney) dates back to the 1600's in South Carolina and were involved in the signing of the Constitution.

I also lost 4 good friends to cancer last year and just recently. It has been a very dark time for me.

So, even though I bought a new camera (5dmkii and a new lens 16-35 L), I've not used it that much as I've just been flat. There really isn't much color this time of year here in N. Texas. I have the Dallas Blooms! event coming up in March which is hosted at the Dallas Arboretum. It is a riot of color and a wake-up call for photographers and tulip-lovers. Over 400,000 bulbs in the ground this year. Hopefully the weather behaves, as it snowed right before opening day last year. While the weather here has been abnormally warm after some serious cold, I do not think we're done just yet with winter.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Handing off to richdelb.

bostechie
I'm too old to know everything
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Boston, MA

bostechie

Premium Member

Waiting to hear back from rockhounds_5 See Profile who I tagged via IM.
bostechie

2 edits

4 recommendations

bostechie to badd

Premium Member

to badd
Click for full size
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
88mm 1/125th F11 ISO100

Self portrait 2010
Hi ya'll…

My name is Taylor Mitchell. Yes - that Taylor Mitchell.

I haven't maintained a serious BBR forum/gallery presence for more than a year. Here’s why - I endured two surgeries to my right shoulder with lengthy recovery times. Then I immersed myself in a 1200 hour professional photography program at Boston University Center for Digital Imaging Arts (CDIA-BU). I just graduated, but with mixed feelings about the program. Now I’m recovering from a vitreous retinal detachment to my left eye (sounds worse than it is) since Jan. 21. Fortunately I’m right eyed.

Golden years...more like the breakdown years. BEWARE - warranty expires at 50.

January 19th, 1953 I came into being and was very young for my age. My parental units and I took up residence on Earth in the place known as Baltimore, MD. I spent much of my teen years in some altered state or another. Many a day was in the company of John Waters, Devine, Edith Massy and “the crowd” down Fells Point at the inner harbor or having wild summers down Ocean City, MD. It was a trip in more ways than one. I was a hippy.

Fast forward 1984: Drugs and alcohol having nearly put me in the grave, I got clean and sober. I haven't touched anything since – it’s been 27 years. Do I miss it? NOPE!

Today I live in Arlington, MA which is part of the greater Boston area. Been single all along – like it that way. My dog Wally and I are best buds (family) spending lots of time exploring life together. He is practically joined to me at the hip. We lost our other best friend and family member, Buttercup, this Halloween past. I miss her.

We lead a simple life…

I've recently found a liking for street photography and will start posting some of that work soon. HDR interior architecture and location portraits are on my radar and I'm contemplating trying my hand at pet portraiture.

At 58 I still don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up.
I like it that way. Never know what's around the next corner. Being a gay man w/o human family to worry about allows me the freedom to go with the flow - be a free spirit - so to speak.

Just got my 5DMK2 back after being repaired - thank you Mack Warranty (they are awesome) - and today the weather is mild so I'm out of here, camera gear in tow.

Thanks for enduring my ramblings. And thank you all for your encouraging comments on my gallery over the years.

Warm Regards - taylor
bostechie

bostechie to Charliebrown5

Premium Member

to Charliebrown5
said by Charliebrown5:Anyway, enuf about me I think we should hear from bostechie See Profile
[/BQUOTE :

Thanks for tagging me CharlieBrown
I'm working on it and will post it later today. - taylor

BTW - nice photo

Charliebrown5
Smile Its Nearly Friday
Premium Member
join:2001-07-17
Australia

3 recommendations

Charliebrown5 to badd

Premium Member

to badd
Thanks Pastormt See Profile for the tag.

Well things have changed a little since part one, my name is still Scott and i am 37 years old soon to be 38 unfortunatley. I now currently reside in Australia after moving back here at the end of 2007 from the UK.

I'm sure most of you have had a look around my gallery which is appreciated as well as the comments made, I didnt really get into photography until around 2005 and since then it has become a passion of mine. I started out just pointing and clicking away and then found the Digitial imaging section of DSLreports and since then have learned a wealth of knowledge and information from many members here for which i am truly grateful, without online communities like this one i would have never met people or learned everything i know to this day when it comes to photography.

Unfortunatley i have to work to cover the cost of the passion, this entails me working in the mining industry over here which is big business, i specifically drive and operate a Mobile Explosives Manufacturing Unit which delivers the good stuff into the ground to make it all happen.

Of late i have not really had enough time to follow the night scape genre of my photography for a few reasons, mainly because the big city is a 2 hour drive for me to get to as well as the fact with the hours i work i rarely get the time, however in saying that i am due to be putting some new night stuff up very soon, still in the editing stages but looking promising.

Anyway, enuf about me I think we should hear from bostechie See Profile

badd
Premium Member
De Queen, AR

1 recommendation

badd

Premium Member

Thank all of you who have replied so far. Here is an updated list of those.