share rss forum feed

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
kudos:1
reply to badd

Re: [ID?] Getting to know you part 2

Looks like who ever lcdguy tagged isn't going to post so I have tagged someone and await their reply.
--
Be good be kind be careful...Most of all be yourself!

badd
Premium
De Queen, AR
reply to badd

Looks like everyone I have thought to tag are afraid to post things about themselves on the internet. Any volunteers?
--

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Any volunteers?

. . . been there, done that.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

5 recommendations

reply to badd

I'll say a word since you insist

My name is Deborah and i'm somewhere between the age of 30 and 50 I've been a member of this site for 11 years and dont plan on going anywhere. I was born and raise in the good ole state of Florida. I lived in Seattle when i was 10 (was there when Mt St Helens released her fury) and lived in Texas for a year when I was in the Air Force.

I've been interested in photography for quite a while. Bought my first digital camera when they first came out. to be able to download the picture and print them made me so popular I got my first DSLR, a D40, a few years ago. Issues at home forced me to separate and I've wanted back in ever since. Just got me a new toy today (D3100) and I can't wait to get flicking again. I've always been loyal to Nikon and is probably the only brand of DSLR i'll ever own.

This time around i'm thinking of exploring more with portrait photography. I've always liked macro and will go for my first macro glass. the gallery will come back alive again soon with me taking shots of this and that to rediscover my zone
--
| map your city |

badd
Premium
De Queen, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

Thank you pcdebb for your post. Would you tag someone for next up and im them about it please.

Those who have replied to date
KittyMom, Jkk. SueS, DowntheShore. Santa Fe
Gunga Din, Chuck22, Locutus65, GeekGirl1
usa2k, Dominokat, JRSlater, Badd, Coma, Ccat
krazyboi, Toodee2, Egeezer, Dream Killer, Drew
sonar riley, Dexter. Rdavis, Pistolpete, nklb
tmpchao, rusdi.,Gooiool, Channel one
Jodokast96, Wayne GphF, Rcroning, Pastormt
Charlie Brown, Bostechie, Rockhounds_5
Richdelb, Exit, Davisphotog, Robs440, WyrdSister
Mhhack, Bfreas, Paula, lcdguy, pcdebb
--

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
reply to badd

How about mibagent_x »/profile/333778 ?

mibagent_x
Go giggle the handle
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Barnhart, MO

4 recommendations

Dang people have started to notice me. :P

My name is Tim and my occupation is a landscaper. I pretty much run my Dad's business. I am married with 2 kids, one four legged the other two, and live in the greater St. Louis area. I love to take things apart which sometimes gets me into trouble. I have always loved taking pictures but only started to have "good" hardware a few years back. Would also love to shoot more but work and my other "hobby" gets in the way. I am constantly working on my house but that is coming to a close God willing.

I shoot Pentax and probably always will glass isn't cheap and that's what I got a small collection of now. I want a good ultra wide lens for landscape and shoot Christmas lights but my taste is to expensive.

Apart from that I love computers went to ITT got a Assoc. in Computer Networking but never put it to good use, start pay was not good and I would have had to take a serious pay cut. So if you got computer issues .............. »Computer Hardware Help

There I think that covers most of it.

Tim
--
Back-ups? We don't need no stinking ba$%*()%%!$#`~&%(&)^%^*....
Connection lost] Abort Retry Fail

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA

Thank you so much. It's cool to have you part of this thread. And, yes, you are noticed and put on notice that we are enjoying your images.

krazyboi
Premium
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX

1 recommendation

reply to mibagent_x

said by mibagent_x:

Apart from that I love computers went to ITT got a Assoc. in Computer Networking but never put it to good use, start pay was not good and I would have had to take a serious pay cut.

Man I went to ITT and ended up going for the Elec Engr'g Assoc. I think it was before they added the Computer Networking (think it was just EE and AutoCAD back then). I thought I was going to get a job with one of these big silicon companies in austin, texas, but ended up working for ATT doing telecom

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911

join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

said by mibagent_x:

I thought I was going to get a job with one of these big silicon companies in austin, texas, but ended up working for ATT doing telecom

Sorry.....

Thats kinda how I landed..... 2326 days till I get my 30 years in and it cant be soon enough.
--
Protect your right to keep and arm bears!

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS

3 recommendations

Hi... I'm a 56 year old system admin who loves hot rods and classic cars... I own a 1960 Corvette... I also enjoy digital photography (own two DSLRs) and dabble in digital arts (digital painting - Artrage & Corel Painter, 3D modeling/rendering - Hexagon, Wings 3D & Vue Studio Pro as well as some photo manipulation using Photoshop Elements & Corel Paint Shop Pro)...

my gallery »kenmo.zenfolio.com

Cheers

Ken

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA

So cool. I like your site and the music that goes with it. Thanks for joining us here with a little background.

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS

My pleasure... my invites haven't replied yet...

badd
Premium
De Queen, AR
reply to vue666

Thank you for your reply and for sharing your wonderful work with us.
--

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA
reply to vue666

I hope they do. For some reason, so many people have turned down an invitation to post in this thread this time around. ;(

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS

1 recommendation

I've tagged three people now and all haven't posted anything...

badd
Premium
De Queen, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

said by vue666:

I've tagged three people now and all haven't posted anything...

Thank you hopefuly one will reply soon. One that II IM will post later tonight or in the morning.
--

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911

join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

2 edits

8 recommendations

reply to badd

Click for full size
Panasonic DMC-FZ8
8mm 1/30th F2.8 ISO160

Thanks for the tag badd,

I'm Kevin...49 this year...Married and hopefully soon my wife Pam and I will be empty nester's.( 1 boy 1 girl. my father has told me on more then one occasion that once you have kids you never really get rid of them and I'm starting to believe him.)

I'm a 25 year employee of AT+T. Before working for the local telephone monopoly I served 6 years in Uncle Sams canoe club as an Electrionics tech aboard a couple of destroyers that have since become beer cans or razor blades.

2390 days till I'm 30 years pension eligable.YEAH!

My minor interest in photography started while in the Navy. I was blessed to ride the Tin cans and we pulled into some really cool ports. I started with a Cannon AE-1, graduated from it too an F-1 on the same week I sold the car and bought a brand new 1982 Suzuki GS-650 motorcyle. I
was riding home to Conyers, Georgia from our homeport of Charleston, South Carolina about 6 monthes later when a lady in a Ford van decided she needed the traffic lane on I-20 alot more then I did. The largest piece of the camera I found was the UV Fillter ring. I left alittle hide out there and the bike was totalled but considering how differently it Could have turned out I was very lucky. No broken bones,I walked away from it and sent the insurance check at the NISSAN dealershipon a new truck. The insurance wouldnt replace the camera sadly enough and I never ran across another deal on one when I had the cash too spend on it.

Anyway, I replaced the bike with a truck, went back to the AE-1 for awhile....Married and raised 2 kids who's lives were recorded on various point and shoot 35mm's... Retirement is looming and I really really enjoyed taking good pictures of strange and unusual places and am looking now into getting a dslr. I figure between the camera, the Goldwing and the mortgage that still hasnt paid itself off yet I need to start gathering up these things now while I'm young enough to work the overtime to pay for them!!!

I'm not sure who to tag so I'm open to suggestion. Maybe a volunteer will present themselves!

P.S the picture is taken in Mexico Beach, florida from the balcony of the El Govenor Inn. We take one of our vacations here every year... It's my second favorite place on this Earth. Favorite place is at home with the family around but PLEASE dont ever tell THEM I said that.

--
Protect your right to keep and arm bears!

speeling correction

badd
Premium
De Queen, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

2 recommendations

reply to badd

Tagged and replied so far.
KittyMom, Jkk. SueS, DowntheShore. Santa Fe
Gunga Din, Chuck22, Locutus65, GeekGirl1
usa2k, Dominokat, JRSlater, Badd, Coma, Ccat
krazyboi, Toodee2, Egeezer, Dream Killer, Drew
sonar riley, Dexter. Rdavis, Pistolpete, nklb
tmpchao, rusdi.,Gooiool, Channel one
Jodokast96, Wayne GphF, Rcroning, Pastormt
Charlie Brown, Bostechie, Rockhounds_5
Richdelb, Exit, Davisphotog, Robs440, WyrdSister
Mhhack, Bfreas, Paula, lcdguy, pcdebb, mibagent_x
Vue666, DeltaElite
Many thanks to all of you.
--

krazyboi
Premium
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX
reply to DeltaElite

said by DeltaElite:

I'm a 25 year employee of AT+T. Before working for the local telephone monopoly I served 6 years in Uncle Sams canoe club as an Electrionics tech aboard a couple of destroyers that have since become beer cans or razor blades.

2390 days till I'm 30 years pension eligable.YEAH!

What department do you work in? wonder if i've talked to you on a turn up or so... I sent you an IM...
Expand your moderator at work

TigerNutz
Laissez les bons temps rouler
Premium
join:2000-12-23
Little Rock, AR

1 recommendation

reply to badd

Re: [ID?] Getting to know you part 2

"Looks like TigerNutz is still ILL so I have tagged Wyrdsister for next.
she should post soon."
*cough*cough*