Premium
join:2008-01-11
Out There

1 edit

5 recommendations

reply to badd

Re: [ID?] Getting to know you part 2

See? That's what happens when you open your mouth. lol

Not much has changed from the last time, except I'm a tad bit older and more thicker in the head.

I am originally from Maine, upon graduation from high school I entered the US Army, where I served for eight years. While serving in the Army I was sent to the Republic of Panama, met and married my wife and this April will be our 23rd year together. I have one son who will be 21 this year. We also have one dog and one cat. I am currently employed by the United States Army as a civilian and currently living in Wild, Wonderful West Virginia!

I'll post a more current photo when I get home and I'll also tag the next person when I post the image.

--
»www.jrslaterphotography.com/

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24

1 recommendation

reply to badd

For those who may not know where or how to find that thread from before, here's the link.

»/forum/remark%2c7796595

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

There are two handy links in the header-
Permanent Greeting
Spotlight On
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

JRSlater
What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium
Out There
reply to JRSlater

Dang it, I knew I forgot something!

Okay, in order to keep it going I'll tag badd See Profile and add the photo later.
--

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream

6 recommendations

reply to badd

Born in Ohio moved to Arkansas in 65 When I got out of the service. Worked in the Oilf fields both on land and off shore. Started driving truck when oil work slowed down. Got into photography while in Germany in the Army still a rank amture as I never got into it heavy. As you can see in pick (please excuse low quality it is from web cam) I am on oxygen and in a wheel chair most of the time so it is hard to get to a lot of places to shoot.

I.ll tag Coma
--
Be good be kind be careful...Most of all be yourself!

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Re: [ID?] part 2

I just got back in and went to check my favorite stock only to find that I have been tagged as next "Getting to know you" poster.

I will have to post at a later time because I have 45 minutes to take a shower before my shrink @ 12:00.

--
. . . explore your fantasies . . .

GeekGirl1
Premium
join:2007-01-28
Morrisville, PA
kudos:2

3 recommendations

said by Coma:

I will have to post at a later time because I have 45 minutes to take a shower before my shrink @ 12:00.

You're getting smaller?

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
NirvanaLand

said by GeekGirl1:

said by Coma:

You're getting smaller?

I seemed to have begun writing a book . . .

It will only be a moment . . . or 2 . . . I promise.

--

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
NirvanaLand

1 edit

10 recommendations

I really don't know where to start . . .

I was born in Massachusetts and grew up as a Navy Brat. I developed an interest in photography at 10 (56 years ago) when I constructed a pin-hole camera from an oat meal container. Did the primitive developing of the 120 film in the bathroom and made contact prints in the sun. Some time after that, my parents secured a Brownie box camera for my extra curricular amusement, which lasted until I was about 13 and discovered how much fun sex was.

I didn't totally abandon photography as I always had a camera around somewhere, it was just moved to a back burner while I explored my passion in all things Electronic.

I graduated from high school in 1963, the last in my class and everybody cheered . . . only because it was hot that day and the people wanted to leave the un-air conditioned auditorium. I went to college the following September with high hopes of an engineering major but the tragic event of November 22,1963 stymied my resolve.

The following school year I decided to explore my world with the intention of joining the Peace Corp and went to California to see a friend working in the US Forest Service as a friend of smokey. I signed up with the intent of saving some money for a trip to South East Asia on a freighter, but that was not to be. Nine days into the job, I was accidentally shot in the head and died. That experience still haunts me after more then 46 years and is the reason for the shrink reference in many of my posts.

In the aftermath of that experience, I lost my mathematical abilities as required for my destiny in the engineering field.

The only thing that remained was sex and photography, and sex proved exhausting after multiple daily promiscuous excursions. I soon became depressed, started using drugs, alcohol and it went down hill from there, to the point of suicide.

That was when I focused back on photography, the art and the power of the image. It was when I expressed an interest in photography, that my parents gave the OK for art school as a rehabilitative course of therapy. Soon after, I enrolled in the Corcoran School of Art (renamed Corcoran College of Art & Design) in Washington DC where I studied photography and print making for 2-3 years. Rubbed elbows with some of the greatest artists within that time and also conspired evil deeds of art with other students.

I eventually gave up the cock sucking, ass pounding environment of the intercity art world and retired to Annapolis, Maryland to repair my failing, one hundred dollar Mercedes Benz. I worked as a mechanic for 24 years on all thing mechanical (mostly auto and small boat related) and eventually injured my back in 2006 working as a ships carpenter. I really did like working with wood in the marine environment, simply magical from a personal experience point of view.

Anyway . . . I am secure in my future because of earlier multiple purchases of my favorite fruit company. Which in the past has provided the required funds necessary to explore Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany and the Netherlands, within the past 6 months and always with camera in hand.

Panasonic DMC-LZ5
6.1mm 1/250th +1ev F2.8 ISO80

Next up in the tag line is CCat.

--

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

3 recommendations

reply to badd

Re: [ID?] Getting to know you part 2

The only camera I own is a Nikon P&S, which is on the top shelf in the closet somewhere.
I just never got into photography.
I do enjoy viewing other peoples photos...There are some very talented people here.
I do enjoy working on photos in Photoshop. I became interested in that about 3 years ago when I wanted to make an avatar for BBR.

Other than that I am a very private person. There is nothing interesting to tell anyway.

The closest photo of me that exists anywhere on the internet is my avatar.

I will tag krazyboi See Profile next.
--
I Live In My Own World, But It's OK.....They Know Me There.

krazyboi
Premium
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX

1 edit

3 recommendations

reply to badd

Thanks CCat..
My name is Eric and I am 30 years old...I grew up an Army brat and we moved around until my parents finally settled in Killeen/Ft Hood, TX. Having been around a military base majority of my life, I decided to move to Austin, TX and go to ITT Tech. I graduated with an AAS in Electronics Engineering and got hired with SBC/ATT during one of their big growth periods. I've been with ATT for 10yrs now and currently work on turning up the new Uverse and Ipdslam cabinets.

I love all things electronics and float between many hobbies. It drives my wife, Susan, of 5 years crazy...we've known each other for 12 years so she's used to it... One minute I'm into cars, building computers, next I'll want to travel, then I'm working on the media room ... I found photography 2yrs ago with the birth of my daughter, Alana, and love the photog communities... I mostly hang out here, NikonCafe (krazyboi), and Flickr (the-Night-Watch, »www.flickr.com/photos/alanalee)...

NIKON D200
28mm 1/320th F2.8 ISO200

Dream Killer you're next ....

Toodee2
Premium
join:2009-04-06
Canada

3 recommendations

reply to badd

Canon PowerShot SD850 IS
5.8mm 1/160th F8 ISO80

Summer scene from the front yard
Thanks krazyboi......

This is Toodee2, & not Dream Killer

I live in a very rural area up near the Alaska border, on the Canadian side.......between our "town" & the surrounding area, we maybe have a population of about 2,600 people.....

I enjoy anything to do with computers & especially love manipulating images which is why I look forward to the weekly Artify thread......

There are never enough hours in the day.......I like to cook & bake, read, knit etc......Hubby & I play old time music (fiddle, keyboard, guitar) at the local care home, pot luck suppers (yes those still happen) & any events for Seniors.....

I'll tag EGeezer next........

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium
join:2002-08-09
Forest Hills, NY
reply to badd

i got skipped!

Toodee2
Premium
Canada

said by Dream Killer:

i got skipped!

Ooops!.....get on krazyboi's case Dream Killer......he pm'd me.... ....

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium
Forest Hills, NY

said by Toodee2:

said by Dream Killer:

i got skipped!

Ooops!.....get on krazyboi's case Dream Killer......he pm'd me.... ....

lol it's cool, its no biggie

krazyboi
Premium
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX

1 recommendation

reply to badd

Sorry you 2, I pm'd Toodee2 and didn't think you wanted to 'play', so I went ahead and pm'd Dream Killer also....

Toodee2
Premium
Canada

2 recommendations

said by krazyboi:

Sorry you 2, I pm'd Toodee2 and didn't think you wanted to 'play', so I went ahead and pm'd Dream Killer also....

I was busy shoveling snow so I wasn't at my comp. for a day.....& here I was writing it off to a "senior moment"....LOL....

Sorry Dream Killer...... ......

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

4 edits

2 recommendations

reply to badd

Ah, thought I'd posted about myself somewhere before - here 'tis!

»Re: Spotlight On! [Tag your it]

Dream Killer See Profile, you're up! IM to you just in case.

EDIT -
updated text - photo still good

Well, raised a country boy in southeast Ohio, married over thirty years to my lovely bride, whom I met while in college. We have a daughter, happily married,a masters in library science and enjoying working in her field in South Carolina.

I've done lots of things, among them the following; Auto mechanic, gas station attendant (remember when we cleaned the windshield, checked fluids, air in the tires as part of a fillup?).

Also, well driller, tool and die mechanic, pinsetter and pinspotter mechanic, (Brunswick and AMF), NCR serviceman, methods engineer for a manufacturer of power utility transformers and regulators (Wayne, ever run across Line Material round wounds?). These got me money to get through college with a degree in Business, major in Electrical Engineering, minor in mathematics. Go Bobcats!

A marketing rep with whom I played snooker steered me to IBM and a 25 year career and a buyout with early retirement. I retired twice more, and now freelance with a great group of customers and colleagues in a field I love. I also get to do a little grunt work helping track down bad guys and keeping them from doing bad things.

Recreation? In addition to my freelancing, I socialize, travel, hike, bike, fly acrobatic kites, canoe and also do what others here like to do. I love good music of most kinds,especially jazz, bluegrass, mountain and Irish, classic movies and legitimate theatre. I like working on things. I'm an information junkie, so the internet is my friend.

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium
Forest Hills, NY

1 edit

6 recommendations

reply to badd

Lol I actually didn't want to write anything about myself but might as well go for it.

My first name is Gian, which people just call me G because 95% of the time it's pronounced wrong. Born and raised in the Philippines and moved to USA in 1995. I recieved a masters degree in electrical engineering but somehow ended up working at a small doctor's office in the field of medical/surgical imaging.

I'm no professional photographer but for as long as I can remember I've been holding a camera. My father poisoned me with his Nikon F2 and a few rolls of Kodachrome 64 when I was about four. Ever since then, I was never without a camera.

My other serious passion other than photography is mountain biking which I took up in 2004. I've always loved cycling next to photography and it's a lot more fun than jogging every night to keep healthy.

Here's my first ever self-portrait I took when I was five:

Nikon F, 50mm, f/8, Kodachrome 64

I'll tag drew See Profile next!

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

5 recommendations

reply to badd

Thanks for the nod, Dream Killer See Profile, G whatever

My name is Drew, shocker, I know. It's actually Andrew, however there were 4 other "Andrews" in 6th grade. They all liked to be called Andy and the teachers followed suit with me. Two weeks in (new school for me...) I'd realized that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with any of them, so I became "Drew."

I was born in South Eastern Idaho. I lived there about a year before moving to San Diego. I lived there until the end of my Kindergarten year at which point I moved to the smallest town I've ever lived in, Mayer, AZ. We lived in a trailer and then upgraded to the "Ritz", the only actual house in the trailer park. I was in 2nd grade for two weeks when we moved to Dardanelle, AR. I was there for three months then moved to Ola, AR. Finally, after about 9 months we moved back to San Diego, CA. I lived in Ocean Beach until half-way through 7th grade when I finally moved in with my dad and step-mom after some trouble my mother had gotten herself into caught up with her.

I, in late August of 2001, moved to Port Orchard, WA where I currently reside. I was absolutely crushed to move as I was convinced I was leaving the best place I'd ever known. I'd actually met friends. I grew accustomed to the area and ended up not hating it so much. In the summer before my senior year of high school, I got a job at a movie theatre ( »[Rave] Just got Hired ). I've grown a lot since that day, in many, many ways. It was there I worked for a girl who I pursued relentlessly that ended up leading me to Christ. I've been married to her coming up on 5 years this April.

In 2008 I became a father. »(Serious) I am going to be a dad! of a wonderful girl. My latest photo in the gallery is a portrait of her.

In late August of 2011, I should be holding a new baby. My wife is about ten weeks along.

I currently work in IT for a government contractor for the Department of the Navy. I work help desk though I'm actively pursuing better opportunities within the contract. I've worked for a national bank, managing staff and running the operations side of the branch. We bought our house the same year. I was only 19.

My family has told me I was a 50 year old trapped in a X year old body since I was a little kid. I think that's probably true.

In my free time, I'm a World of Warcraft junkie (yeah, I know) and love to take pictures. I'm not much of a creative person, but photography is one of the few "creative" outlets I've ever tried that is even remotely successful for me.

Here's probably my all-time favorite picture of me when I'm not with someone else.

Bear with me while I locate someone to tag. I'd ideally like to find someone who may be "newer" to the forum
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

With permission... I hereby tag sonar riley See Profile

sonar riley
Premium
join:2002-09-12
Renton, WA

2 recommendations

reply to badd

Good morning from the west coast! And thank you for your patience. The last 24 hours have been crazy and I am just now getting back to sane, or at least my version of sane.

My name is Erin and I have been posting here on Dslreports.com for a number of years. I played Socom with the BBR group along with a few MMO's over the years, and dabbled in photo a few years ago with the DI group.

As you may have seen in my posts I recently came back with a vengence. I now have a Canon 7d, 15-85mm, 70-200mm L and a 50mm lens in my bag and I am readdicted.

I have been married to my wonderful wife for almost 13 years and we have two wonderful kids.

I travel for my job and in the past year i have been cameraless in Germany, S. Korea and Hong Kong. This year I have Singapore and Brazil targeted, along with many spots in the US so I should be sharing shots from some exotic amazing places.

I will be sharing quite a bit and welcome input and advice as I learn the camera and higher end photography that I feel I am now able to accomplish, not only with eye, but technology.

I tag Dexter, who was invaluable to my selection of equipment, but also is a great show http://www.dslreports.com/useremail/u/855243

Dexter
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Beverly, MA

2 edits

4 recommendations

Click for full size
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
135mm 1/800th F2.8 ISO640

Apparently I've been tagged :P

I'm not a big fan of writing about myself... My name is Rob. Dexter is my late dog's name, where my nick comes from. I live on the north east coast of Massachusetts with my wife (of 6 years), Son (4), Daughter (3) and a big goofy yellow Lab, Tucker.

I work with Mainframe computers. It's not the most glamorous job, but it allows me to spend time at one of my favorite places. I enjoy all types of photography, but love the challenge of wildlife photography the most. It can be extremely time consuming, and quite expensive, but I find it very satisfying to find, and photograph animals that many have never even seen out in the wild.

I'll leave you all with a very rare photo of me, and send an IM to my tag victim to make sure it's ok with them to be tagged
--
My Pbase Gallery

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

Dexter See Profile, I'm a huge fan of your animal pics, especially the owls.
--
| map your city |

Dexter
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Beverly, MA

1 recommendation

reply to badd

I'm officially tagging rdavs See Profile. I'm a huge fan of her work
--
My Pbase Gallery

rdavs
Premium
join:2002-11-21
Tucson, AZ
kudos:4

10 recommendations

Yup, that's me!
As many of you know, my name is Rhonda and I live in Tucson Arizona… with my husband of 32 years, a 16 year old Golden Retriever and a young frisky mixed breed pup (which we got to keep the old dog company). I own a cockatiel named Spike that chirps every time I sneeze. I'm told my sneezes sound like a cat (maybe that's why the cockatiel chirps). I have three adult sons; two are married and have seven crazy amazing grandchildren. Wow I'm beginning to feel old! I don't color my hair yet. I'm a computer geek; I can fix, upgrade and remove computer viruses and am always working on friends and family member's computers. I'm not shy, and have been told I could talk to a rock (especially if the rock is interested in photography). I have a dark sense of humor, and love action adventure and scary movies and hate chick flicks. I am a good cook, but can't sew on a button on a shirt, but I can work on your car! I think you should start a meal with desert and if you have room left then eat your meal. I began photography when I was seven with a cheap 35mm film camera that I used to take photos of my Barbie's! LOL! My day job I'm an office manager at an RV Park and my weekend job… I'm a photographer for the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. I often lose all sense of time with a camera in my hand…

rdavs
Premium
Tucson, AZ
reply to Dexter

I am truly honored!

JRSlater
What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium
Out There

1 recommendation

It's nice to finally meet the person behind those amazing images.
--

sonar riley
Premium
join:2002-09-12
Renton, WA

1 recommendation

Agreed! Thank you to Dexter for taking my poor hand-off and sharing with us, good to know a little more about you.

And Rhonda - I have long admired your shots on here too!

rdavs
Premium
Tucson, AZ
reply to badd

I am officially tagging an amazing artist Pistolpete!