spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

IrishNate

@89.241.221.x

Traffic into DC

Hello everyone new to this Im Irish but have just been offered a job in dc in on martin luther king avenue and was wondering what traffic is like in rush hour from the severna park/annapolis area as i have a home there im looking at worst case scenario to and from during rush hour as i have never driven into dc from here. also if there are other alternatives maybe???

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
said by IrishNate :

Hello everyone new to this Im Irish but have just been offered a job in dc in on martin luther king avenue and was wondering what traffic is like in rush hour from the severna park/annapolis area as i have a home there im looking at worst case scenario to and from during rush hour as i have never driven into dc from here. also if there are other alternatives maybe???

Leave two hours early on your first day and you'll be fine. That way you'll know where your going, how to get there and get a feel for the traffic. Subsequent commutes should take less then an hour an a half . . . maybe less.

I know their is bus service from Annapolis to downtown DC but unsure of drop off locations in south east DC.

--
. . . explore your fantasies . . .

proefain
Premium
join:2000-05-08
Crofton, MD

1 recommendation

reply to IrishNate
Assuming you really mean Severna Park I can only assume a bad or brutal commute. It depends on which side of rt 2 you're on and if you mean MLK in PG county or DC. If you give more detail like which community in SP, which MLK you're talking about and work hours I'm sure we could give an estimated travel time.

proefain
Premium
join:2000-05-08
Crofton, MD
reply to IrishNate
Google says the commute from Severna park to a random address I picked on MLK in DC is ~ 40 miles and ~1:30 minutes in traffic. I actually think that's a very low estimate if its between 8am-6pm. You may not be able to make it in under 2 hours on bad days.

I hope you have a fuel efficient car with an automatic transmission.

hsindogg
Premium
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD
reply to IrishNate
If you leave Severna Park at 6:15, you'll make it by 9.

If you leave by 5:30, you'll make it by 7:30.

Just my estimates when I was going from Baltimore to DC.

That window is pretty crucial, and there is no inbetween.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
reply to IrishNate

Get a motorcycle and you'll make it in an hour.

--
. . . explore your fantasies . . .