Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75 to skj

Premium Member

to skj

Re: Snowmageddon TWO

said by skj:

It remains to be seen if it turns out to be anything, but the media is really building this one up.

Wasn't just built up by the media the forecast models had this one pegged since last mid-week.

Flagger
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
Weimville

Flagger

Premium Member

Click for full size
Our back patio after just an hour east of Canton in Cherokee County!

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA

DeltaElite to Flagger

to Flagger
Got called out at midnight to go into work on Conyers,Ga. Roads from Covington were passable at midnight. Last couple of smoke breaks reveal seady freezing rain. If it stays like that they will be drivable for those few of you who are familiar with snow driving.

The rest of you PLEASE STAY HOME!

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy to Flagger

Premium Member

to Flagger
Best thing to do with a BMW when it snows. Drive in reverse because it is rear wheel drive, and then catch it on fire with the hot burning rubber right in front of a live camera.
»www.11alive.com/news/loc ··· catid=40

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
Tucker, GA

1 recommendation

DeltaElite

Haahaahaaahaaaa... Stupid is as stupid does!!!

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj to Flagger

Mod

to Flagger
All the school systems are closed again tomorrow. Still some icy roads. I was at Lowes yesterday and they were selling Diamond Crystal Red-Out for ice melt. Some guy came in and bought the two pallets that they had left.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Gomez

Went out driving at about three PM.. it's frickin nasty, and will get worse as the sun goes down. Stay the hell home.

Unless you grew up driving in this stuff, and have a vehicle that has a chance, don't bother, it's simply not worth it.

Flagger
Premium Member
Weimville

Flagger

Premium Member

Four-Wheel drive SUVs were the most common thing I saw on the side of the road when I lived in Denver. I had a rear wheel drive truck that I loaded the back with 400 pounds of sand and only once slid on ice and that was coming out of my garage.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by Flagger:

Four-Wheel drive SUVs were the most common thing I saw on the side of the road when I lived in Denver. I had a rear wheel drive truck that I loaded the back with 400 pounds of sand and only once slid on ice and that was coming out of my garage.

That's because many people think their SUV is FWD/AWD when in fact they aren't. More importantly, if it is, they think they are empowered. Last ice storm, PIB was littered with explorers and escolades.

Control over power.. easy of the brakes, easy on the accelerator, and turn into the slide to get control.. Of course if you're doing 50 when you hit that slide good luck.

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj to Gomez

Mod

to Gomez
I grew up in the north, but even with that experience there is nothing to really prepare you for trying to drive on ice.

Flagger
Premium Member
Weimville

Flagger

Premium Member

Click for full size
I looked out my window and saw that this is how rednecks go sledding. I had to take a picture in case it did not end well.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez to skj

to skj
said by skj:

I grew up in the north, but even with that experience there is nothing to really prepare you for trying to drive on ice.

Nope.. As usual, physics wins.

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid to Flagger

to Flagger
Click for full size
Chicago called, they want this back. :)
W. Cobb

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

"Chicago called, they want this back."

I was there a few weeks ago, i'm pretty sure they don't want it either

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj to Flagger

Mod

to Flagger
Roads are said to be worse today, than yesterday.

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
Tucker, GA

DeltaElite to Flagger

to Flagger
went into work today at 2pm,will be here till 5pm tommorrow (Overtime rates apply ;>} ) and the worst part of my drive was the parking lot outside the building.

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

No mail for two days.

Flagger
Premium Member
Weimville

Flagger

Premium Member

Banks up here opened for a few hours and one friend said they had about 20 night deposits to deal with.

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

Well, despite all the inconveniences I am very grateful that we did not lose power.

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75 to Flagger

Premium Member

to Flagger
Fact I'm missin tonights Gladiators game is very inconvenient.

Flagger
Premium Member
Weimville

Flagger

Premium Member

I giggled when I saw these two things:

»www.facebook.com/album.p ··· 518b11c4

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez to skj

to skj
said by skj:

Roads are said to be worse today, than yesterday.

Went out for a drive once we had +freezing temps and the ice was 'soft'.. Still ugly.. PIB was clear in spots, but mostly just ruts. QuickTrip on PIB was open, but that was about it.

285 looked like it was moving, but was far from what I'd call clear.

JollyStomper
The Funky Feel One
Premium Member
join:2003-03-16
Level 15

JollyStomper to Flagger

Premium Member

to Flagger
Reporting from the "souf side" here. Roads for the most part seem okay now. Still some patches here and there, but I've been working from home all week. May as well finish it out from home tomorrow...

shdesigns